Natal nodded before leaving, and Blair went to her room to shower and freshen up.

She sat on the warm leather seat by the window as people and places swiftly passed by like there was no time to wait. She wished that the world could just wait, even for a moment, for her to think and know what to do in life.

She sighed. But that was just too much to ask.

The car slowed down and came to a halt in front of an apartment complex.

"Thank you, Aren."

Her personal driver nodded in response.

Although she doesn't talk to him often, he's a good company to have around; he doesn't judge or blame her for anything. Or maybe that was his job, and he just wanted to keep things professional.

She entered the building, and the entrance hall never failed to leave her impressed.

The ginormous chandelier hanging from the black ceiling with galaxy colours splattered across it, reflected on the glittering pale marble floor. Red sofas and tables scattered everywhere that mirrored the wine painted walls.

With her grey hoodie with beige trousers and her hair put up in a hurried braid, she felt like an outsider; she was a stark contrast to the high-class people with colourful clothes and unique styles. You would think she should be used to it by now, but the stares she always got didn't speed up the process in the slightest.

Not wanting to draw more attention to herself, Blair scurried to the reception.

"Um, hi. Can you send a message to Tina about me being here, please?"

The receptionist raised an eyebrow at how quiet her voice was, but mentioned nothing about it. "What is your name, Ms?" The accent was barely noticeable.

"It's Blair."

He nodded before dialing a number and holding the phone to his ear.

The phone was picked up on the first ring. {Yes?}

{Mrs. Adler, there's a lady called Blair here. Do you know her?} he asked in the foreign language.

{Oh, send her up.}

{Yes, madam.}

The receptionist responded before putting down the phone. He moved his attention to Blair, who was looking expectantly at him.

"Mrs. Adler has permitted you to go," he said in Danchi, motioning to the elevator.

"Oh, okay. Thank you." She quickly headed towards the elevator.

The receptionist fought the urge to smile. The girl was strange, just as the rumours said.

The elevator opened, and Blair stepped into the welcoming flat. Even though Ameo and Tina were twins, they clearly had a different taste at home. Ameo's massive mansion was white, cold and barely used; workers coming and going to do their job to keep the place clean. Whilst Tina's had different shades of caramel, brown and yellow colours; and the homey apartment echoed with the screams and giggles of a child.

A man shouted something, and around the corner, a child appeared wearing only underwear and ran to the kitchen, hiding behind the counter. Not long after that, a man came running to the living room, looking frantically for the boy while his daughter followed her father behind.

It didn't take long before the man spotted Blair by the elevator and gave her a tired smile, which she returned with a sympathetic look in her eyes.

She pointed to the kitchen, secretly exposing the location of the child. "He's over there," she mouthed.