"Well why did you move at 16 if you don't mind me asking?" "Mick and I were in the same foster home from 10 until 13. It was a pretty messed up place to be, especially for us being so young. We saw a lot of stuff we didn't like so we left. We lived in the city for a while just crashing random places. I say it was a while, it was three years." I laughed and his eyes widened a bit but he looked concerned. "But then I met Cyril, pretty much my best friend now, and his sister. We met his sister Audie first. She's a roommate of mine too. She introduced us to her brother Cyril and he offered us a place to stay while we got on our feet. We became super close and now Mick, Audie, Shi and myself all live together. We met Shiloh through Micks first job. We made a little family of our own." I chuckled and he smiled.

"I'm proud of you Renny. Look at ya. You're doing so well." He smiled warmly.

Growing up with a lack of emotional affection makes me forget how important it is. Hearing him say he's proud of me felt so surreal. The only person that's ever told me that was Cyril. He knows everything. Edie heard the tiniest portion of my life and told me he's proud. It just felt nice.

My eyes watered as I blinked them away, trying not to make this weird.

"Thank you. Making me all emotional." I said with a laugh as I blinked quickly to make this less weird for me. "Being emotional is good. It's good for the soul. Let things out. Talk things out. Communication is the key to every single relationship. Friendship, romantic, family, no matter what kind."

He really is an angel in human form.

"Can I ask you something?" "Of course." "Why do you do the casino stuff? Do you worry Harry will get caught and you'll get dragged into it?" "I don't. It's how I make a living. Believe it or not, we're not hurting anybody. If Harry goes down, i'll go down with him. Whether he wants me to or not. But I think we'll be just fine." He said with a smile and his words were so honest.

He's really such a loyal person and you can just tell.

"No you will not." Harry's voice spoke from behind me and I turned to see him walking behind the bar. "Now you know I will. I'm telling you, whether you like it or not." Edie spoke with a mischievous grin.

Harry had the tiniest grin start to pull on the sides of his lips before he looked to me.

"Gotta talk to you." He said with a softer tone than his usual and I nodded as he walked to the back. "Be back." I told Edie with a smile before following Harry into his office with him closing the door behind me.

This morning after we left his place, we didn't touch anymore. Although his touch from the events earlier this morning are still lingering on me in a weirdly pleasant way. We had to go by some office building and he went in for like 20 minutes. He said he had to grab something but after that we grabbed a bite to eat before he took me to my place to get changed. I told him I could walk to work but he insisted on waiting, of course, but ever since i've been here, I haven't seen him. He left briefly but I never even noticed him walking back in. I did see Tyson come in earlier for about an hour though.

"So tonight." He started to say as he leaned against the desk in front of where I was sat like usual. "Yes?" "You're working my side. This time, listen to my fucking rule of not engaging in conversation beyond a drink order. And if anyone fucking touches you, tell me this time. Do you understand?" "You're so bossy." I laughed but he just glared at me. "But yes. I understand.