-46

(nearly two weeks later)

in the last few days, you and bucky hung out pretty much. you and him got to know each other more and more. he even knows things that nobody else will ever know about you now.

you don't know why, but you really felt comfortable with telling him everything and talking to him in general. you were always struggling with that but as soon as you were talking to him it was like all your struggles disappeared.
you didn't care about harley anymore, you didn't even think about him in the last days.

of course, bucky's words from that other day are still stuck in your head, but you tried to not think about his words too much and just focus on your feelings. surprisingly, it worked better than expected.

you could always feel something kind of warmly feeling in your chest whenever you were with him. you focused on that feeling but couldn't fully describe it yet.

-

"...yeah and that's how i lost my arm. after that, hydra, more specifically zola, found me, took me to their lab, made me a super soldier and the winter soldier blabla. they achieved to keep me alive all those years because they kept putting me in some kind of freezer to freeze me in it and whenever they needed me, they got me out of it and thawed me up. i was like their little marionette."
bucky scoffed.

it was late at night. bucky and you had some interesting and deeper conversations in his bed. of course it was interesting to finally hear and know what happened to him but it still made you feel sick in your stomach. no human ever deserved to be treated like that. it was like they forgot that bucky was still a human being and still had family and friends. they are disgusting people.

without saying anything, you just pulled bucky into a tight hug before he could see the tear in your eye roll down your face. the hug felt extremely good, relieving and needed for the both of you.

"you know.. sometimes i even forget that shutting down hydra is still an open mission."
you mumbled into his neck. you pulled away and looked at him.

"it just drives me insane how shield doesn't give a single fuck about it. they don't think about the victims, they just think about themselves and their dumb safety. they don't even think about us. they don't think about our fear. they don't think about how we are scared every time we go out and just want to have some fun. no, they just think about themselves and think it's all good just because hydra is 'silent' right now."

you were starting to raise your voice. but this topic just really makes you mad.

"y/n calm down"
bucky said softly and laid his hand on your thigh.

"no bucky there's no calming down. hydras silence is NOT a good sign, and i'm sure you know that pretty well. i think they're forgetting about how much hydra loves to make a big appearance. they're going to come and explode the whole tower out of nowhere one day, trust me."

you laid down and sighed heavily. bucky laid next to you.

"trust me y/n i know exactly what you mean and the fact that the mission is still incomplete although it should've been complete a long time ago pisses me off very much. but y/n, we both have each other and we both make each other strong with every past event of hydra. look at this."
bucky started to take off his t-shirt.

"uhm bucky not the right time."

"shut up. look."

you looked closely at where his metal arm was placed. it wasn't a beautiful sight to be honest, but he knew that too. you were just shocked, the scars look so painful and full of torture.