-27

2 hours passed since the training and you haven't seen bucky since. you were in the living room, alone, watching a movie in silence.

the movie reminded you of you and bucky since the story was about them was a little bit similar. people thinking that they hate each other although they are having sex secretly. the only thing that's a little bit different in this movie is that they fell in love in the end. you couldn't watch this movie anymore since you were starting to overthink some things so you shut the tv and went on your phone.

"i knew this movie. it's good, why did you shut the tv?" you heard a familiar voice say suddenly as he entered the living room. of course it was bucky.
"i don't like it" you said, still looking at your phone.
"well i kinda like it. it's kind of different than other love storys. it's not boring." he said as he turned the tv on again.

"bucky barnes is a hopeless romantic. who would've thought" you smirked and rolled your eyes playfully.
"well y/n, i was a playboy back then. ask steve." he winked at you and turned on the movie again as you both watched it in silence.

"what the heck is happening here" steve asked as he entered the living room, seeing you and bucky, two people who hate each other more than anything, on the couch watching a movie peacefully.
"what" bucky said as he didn't even realize how it probably looks like right now. "did you all like.. talk about it or something?" steve asked and narrowed his eyes. "what are you talki- oh" bucky started to realize.
"we just wanted to watch this movie it's not a big deal" you said annoyed. steve walked away backwards slowly, his eyes still narrowed.

you and bucky looked at each other and laughed quietly.

"y/n why do we have to pretend that we hate each other" bucky asked suddenly. "well most of the time i'm not pretending" you said, not looking away from the screen. "say what you want but you can't tell me that you haven't felt anything" he said while crossing his arms.
"what the fuck are you talking about" you rolled your eyes.

"y/n you just cannot tell me that you have never felt anything while we were doing it or while we made out or something. we both know that there's a tension between us" he said confidently. you kind of got pissed. but you don't know if you got pissed because he was assuming things or because he was right.
"listen barnes, i really don't know what made you so confident about this but i've never felt any other emotion besides anger towards you and it's never gonna change."

"stop lying to yourself" he said under his breath. "that adds one more time to the 'most of the time' when i do not pretend that i hate you" you said aggressively and walked out of the living room.

you went to your room and laid down on your bed, looking at the ceiling.
what if he was right and i did feel something. i mean, yes he is right. i had this feeling in my stomach. but no. i probably just imagined him as marcus. you laid there for about 30 minutes just thinking about what bucky has told you. you were so pissed that he was right. although you already showered two times this morning, you felt disgusting and needed to take a shower again as soon as possible.

the shower felt good and relieving. you were still thinking about what he has told you but you tried not do it. you just started to think about marcus then, although you haven't heard anything from him in a long time and you don't even know if you truly like him. you kind of felt bad because it felt like you were using him.

as you walked out of the shower you saw bucky laying in your bed.
"get the fuck out james i don't want to see you" you said angrily.
"oh come on. are you really pulling the 'i'm not calling you bucky because only your friends call you bucky' card again?" he rolled his eyes.

"i was never your friend" you said as you took out some clothes. "what are you then huh" he crossed his arms. you didn't say anything since you didn't know how to respond. "listen y/n i don't know why you're always lying to yourself while hiding your feeling and emotions but i'm gonna leave you alone until you're gonna admit that you've felt something. i'm 100% sure you're not gonna survive without me on your side" he was very confident about it, but he was right.

you turned around so you were facing him now. "get-" he interrupted you. "..out. yeah i was going to, don't worry" he continued your unfinished sentence and walked out.

you got ready to go shopping alone since you still haven't bought presents for christmas yet. you went down and told everyone that you're gonna be gone for a while. as you entered the mall you thought of some things you could buy them. you are a very creative person and you always had the best gifts. but this time you couldn't think properly because of barnes. he was on your mind the whole time.

you went in million shops trying to find the best presents but you've only found a few.

2 hours passed and you've finally found everything. you bought everyone something except for bucky, although you've found the perfect gift for him. it was a jukebox from the 40s. bucky listened to old music very often. he seemed to love music very much, but he was always struggling with the new dvd players. it was so adorable to watch.

you were in a cafe as you were thinking to yourself if you should buy it or not. of course you did it, just in case. you went back to the tower and sneaked in the gifts so no one see's them.

you started to wrap the gifts as soon as you got in your room so if anyone ever finds them no one will see what it is. you wrapped bucky's gift first and hid it in a very good place. 45 minutes passed and you haven't even finished the half. you needed a break and went down to get yourself a coffee. you saw pietro in the kitchen alone, sat down next to him and had a quick chat. he decided to go up with you and since you've already packed his gift it was no problem for him to enter your room full of presents and wrapping paper.

y'all talked whilst you were wrapping everything. you haven't talked to him for so long in a while. "..this girl was so beautiful and such a sweetheart." pietro was crushing on someone. "well if you have her number, why don't you just text her?" you asked. "i don't have her number. she has mine. i am waiting for her to text me but i'm kind of giving up" he looked down to his hands.

"well if she's really that dumb to dump pietro fucking maximoff then you really shouldn't be sad about it. any girl that isn't appreciating you is an asshole and doesn't deserve you or your attention. it's just a waste of time" you tried to comfort him. his eyes were lighting up, the same goes to his smile.
"thank you y/n. thank you so much."
he still smiled brightly.
"anytime piet. no need to thank me."
you smiled back as you heard a bing.

that was definitely a phone. pietro took his phone and looked at it as a smile grew on his face. "it's her" he said. you cheered him and helped him with what he should answer the whole time. soon you've finished the wrapping after about 1 and a half hour and laid down in bed, next to pietro. "well let's hope she really appreciates you." you sighed.
"yeah i really hope so" he sighed too.
"let's see" you sat up. "what?" pietros eyes narrowed.

"invite her to tony's 'before christmas' party." you smirked.
"should i?" he hesitated.
"of course piet. there you can check out her vibe and if she's really worth it" you patted his shoulder slightly. he smiled and said "you're right"

the party is in 4 days.