-35

you and the others spent the whole afternoon with games, drinks, food and having fun. you tried your best to ignore harley although you felt his gaze on you most of the time.

the evening has come and the food was ready. it was a giant buffet, that's why you loved christmas. everyone sat down on the table. "oh god i love it here" peter said, admiring the food. everyone laughed and started eating.

"so harley.. what brought you back?"
steve asked him.

"oh uhm.. i wanted to visit peter and spend time with him on christmas. i also missed you guys."
he smiled slightly.

"we missed you too buddy"
steve patted his shoulder.

you looked up at harley, realized you've been staring for too long, but you couldn't stop. he locked eyes with you but you still didn't look away. he teased you with a smirk and looked back at his food, so did you.

everyone was eating, laughing and having fun, so did you. you were distracted by the fact that bucky and harley sat next to each other but you shrugged it off, at least you tried. "are you sure you're good?" loki whispered in your ear, making sure you're ok again. "yes loki, don't worry." you smiled at him slightly. "don't forget the dagger, just in case." he winked at you, you chuckled.

"y/n!" tony called you, you looked up at him. "last minute christmas party tomorrow?" he smirked at you, you smirked back. tony only throws party's if you are there too. without you, it's not the same for him. "you know i'm always in the mood for a party, stark" you winked at him. "you're such an alcoholic y/n it's unbelievable" sam chuckled. "shut up sam i don't drink that much"
"every time you leave a party you're drunk as hell." he tried to remind you.
"well yeah, party's are not fun without alcohol. besides party's i don't drink that much. calm down" you chuckled.

soon everyone was finished. you cleaned up the table a bit, tony and wanda helped you. after a short time tony and wanda left the kitchen but you stayed to make yourself a tea.

"you've changed" you heard someone say suddenly, you turned around and saw harley. "i'm sorry?" you narrowed your eyes. "you've changed. you're more confident now and your looks changed too." he smiled slightly. "well yeah harley, i'm not a teenager anymore." you tilted your head a bit and smiled slightly, too. he nodded.

"you're right. it's just new for me you know?"

"because you haven't been here in 4 years."
you said bluntly and took a sip from your tea. harley kept quiet.
"by the way, how's nelly?"
nelly was the girl he left you for.

he scratched the back of his head.
"oh. nelly. i don't know, i haven't seen her in a while."

you tilted your head and narrowed your eyebrows.
"haven't seen her in a while? i thought you two dated and that's why you left us so suddenly."

he was embarrassed, you could see.
"no y/n,"
he looked down
"i left because.. i thought my father changed and wanted.. to come back."
he sighed,
"turns out he didn't"
he looked up at you again.

you didn't know what to say,
"oh"
you clenched your eyebrows in guilt.
"and what about nelly?"

"she.. didn't love me back. i found out when i asked her to come with me to visit my dad."

"you asked her and not me?!"
who does he think he is??!!

he looked down.
"sorry."
he said quietly.

you scoffed and passed him to walk into the living room. as you sat down you sighed loudly. "everything good?" steve asked. you nodded and smiled at him, he nodded back. a few seconds after, harley came too. he smiled at you a bit, but you ignored it and looked away again.