"Samantha look at me, ..."I raise her chin up so that she could stare into my green irises. "You're the prettiest and sweetest girl I've ever known. It doesn't matter if I've moved on! You'll get someone to replace me in no time"

"I don't want a replacement! I love You! I want you only"she blurts.

"Apparently, you know that's not possible"I reply, remembering what Jace said to me. There will be distractions from Kylie and Samantha!

"That's because I was too late"she sniffles, wiping her tears. "I'll just go now"she grabs her jacket and turns around.  She struts as fast as she can out of my sight and I know she's heartbroken. I've had that feeling many times and I know how one acts when it comes. I want to kiss and cuddle her but I can't.  I just can't.

My phone buzzes in my hand and I answer the incoming call I've been expecting for hours now.

"What took you so long?"I scream at the caller.

"Shh! Just get to the science laboratory! Asap"Mirabel says and I hang up. I stride quickly to the intended place and Mirabel meets me outside.

"Tiffany is alone in there, examining these plants! I got Aiden distracted! Now is your chance! Go get her"Mirabel pushes me into the lab. Tiffany was inside alone as she said, holding a fern in her right hand as she scrutinised it. Her hair was straight today, as it flowed down to the length of her shoulders. I clear my throat and she whips around to look at me.

"Asher?"she squeaks surprised.

"Sorry for startling you! I came for....."I scan around for an item.  I spot a paper with a drawing on it and pick it up.

"This"I raise it. "I was worried sick about it! I thought I lost it"I continue my act.

"You drew that? It's so awesome! I've never drawn anything like that before because I'm a terrible artist "she gushes and beads of sweat gather up on my forehead.

"I was curious to know who drew this and it turns out that it's You!"she giggles and I force a smile as I sit on a stool.

"So what are you doing?"I ask.

"I am examining an experiment Aiden and I carried out on the dryopteris days ago! It's turning out great and we are obtaining the required results"she says, taking off her gloves and dumping them into the nearest trashcan.

"By the way, have you spotted Aiden anywhere? He's kept long! He should have been back by now"Tiffany grumbles as she stares at the wall clock. It read 6:35pm."I hope he's fine"

Oh he's fine alright! Mirabel is just distracting him for a couple of hours.

"I'm sure he's fine!"I announce. "I have something for you"I dig into my bag and fish out her diary. She gasps when she sees it.

"My diary!"She squeals and snatches it from me. "How did you get it?"

"I don't know! We might have..."

"Swapped"she hands me the other one. The original Jace gave to me as a gift

"I was anxious to know where it is! And now, it's here! It's back! Did you read it?"she asks.

"Um.....I read a few pages"I lie and she sighs. "I'm sorry if I invaded your privacy"

"It's fine actually! I'm  glad to have it back"she shoves it into her bag. "Thanks for returning it!" She turns to face me but slips and I catch her just in time before she tumbles onto the floor with my hands firm on her waist. She pants as I turn her around to face me. She was much closer to my body now.

"Are you okay?"I ask worried.

"Yes"She says taking a deep breath to steady her heart. "I just slipped on a spillage! Over there"she gestures to the tiles with water stains on them.