Chapter 1

At Jinhit high school for Visuals and Performing Arts
English Class
Sunoos Pov

I've always been on the smarter side when it comes to school, I was just naturally gifted I guess. I mean my mom and dad do make me and my siblings do our best when it comes to school or work, that's just how they are. I guess they're thinking about a bigger picture, a picture where all of their kids become so successful and make them proud instead of getting nowhere in life and being a disappointment. They just want what's best for us and don't want us to have to rely on them all the time.

They want us to have a happy family with a couple of kids to take care of and be able to fend for them and ourselves as time goes on. My parents can be a bit strict but I know they do it out of love, at least that's what I think. I've been told that I tend to see the positivity out of things, but honestly, I couldn't ask for better parents. They're supportive, loving, thoughtful, and extremely kind and accepting people, they even overwork themselves just so we can be provided with the best possible life while we're in their care. I honestly thank them for that which is why I understand why they push us to do better, so we can become like them and provide for our families as much as they've provided for theirs.

If I'm being honest I've never had many friends only Jake, Jungwon, and recently Jay. My family wants my priorities to be number 1 so they don't allow me to branch out or make new friends, it sucks a lot but it's not the worst thing in the world. I've kinda just gotten used to it, my little small group of friends is good enough for me. In a way it makes me feel as though I have more value, if I were to have a bigger group of friends I would honestly feel devalued as if I'm not as important, as if my other friends enjoy other people more than me. I know that's probably not the case but I'm the main character and sometimes I need the attention on me. 😌

As I was lost in my thoughts my teacher called on me. I flinched a bit but quickly responded, "yes sir?" I questioned, Mr. Kim then answered back saying, "Sunoo can you please read the 3rd paragraph on page 162?" I shortly responded with "yes sir" and read the paragraph as we continued the lesson. I realized I have an amazing family, wonderful friends, and I shouldn't have anything else to ask for, but why do I still feel like somethings missing like there is a lost void inside of me that I have yet to discover? What more could I need? What was it that I was missing?

Chapter 1 end

I know chapter 1 seems a little bit boring but it's gonna get better I promise.😭