Chapter 52: And That Makes You...

Start from the beginning

She snatches the bird from the air, making it squeak. "Every little detail in place down to the crown molding. You're even running illusions miles away at the edge of town! Magic on autopilot!" She bites her lip, giving us an impressed look. "What's your secret, sisters?" I literally have no idea what she's talking about. Agatha flings the bird to the side and it's eaten by her bunny. I make a disgusted face as I watch it munch on the bird. What kind of demon bunny is that???

"Listen, I need you... Hey, guys," Agatha pipes up, making us slowly face her again. She plasters a huge smile on her face. "I need you guys to tell me how you did this."

"We didn't do anything," Wanda replies.

"We're not-" I commence before getting cut off. Agatha sends us flying in opposite directions, making us hit the wall before pulling us back to the middle. We harshly bump into each other and cry out in pain.

"I tried to be gentle..." I slowly glance up at Agatha as she speaks. "To nudge you awake from this ridiculous fantasy, but you two would rather fall apart than face your truth... You left me no choice." She stands in front of Wanda and asks, "what was it you said to your not-brother? Hm? And you to your not-lover?" She gazes at me next before addressing us both. "All you could recall was the feeling. The never-ending agony. You felt empty. Alone. Endless nothingness. You were sinking into a hole."

She steps in front of me and states, "let's start there." She glances to the side and I follow her line of sight, seeing a glowing violet door. "It's been fun playing pretend for a while, hasn't it, ladies?" she questions, ripping a hair from my head. I turn back to her with a quizzical look, wondering what she plans to do. She softly chants in Latin and the strand of hair elongates and floats to the door. Once it makes contact, violet patterns illuminate the door, turning it into a brown wooden door. "But it's time to look at some real reruns."

She extends her hand out to Wanda, whose eyes widen as they glow violet. She doesn't move or make a sound. I suddenly drop to the ground, gasping in surprise. "Alright. Let's go," Agatha orders. I lift my head and glare at her.

"No."

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did you forget who's got your nephews stashed away in her bewitched basement? Plus, your sister's pretty much gone right now so..." Agatha sasses. I gasp and look at Wanda's stiff figure. I immediately scramble to my feet. If going with her will free my sister and nephews, then I guess I gotta do it. "Smart choice," Agatha remarks. The door creaks open and my eyes widen when I see ash and black smoke.

"You want me to walk into that?"

"Oh, you'll be fine. Just go in!" Agatha retorts, rolling her eyes. I begrudgingly begin to walk to the door and she says, "after you, superstar." I walk through the door and into a child's bedroom. There's a little girl, about seven years old, fearfully sitting on a twin bed as smoke seeps in from under the door and fills the room. "Jeez. There's a little too much smoke in here for my taste but it's such a cute bedroom," Agatha comments.

"What is this?" I question.

Agatha shrugs. "It's your memory. I should be asking you that."

I furrow my eyebrows as I look at her. "What? I've never been here befor-" I cut myself off when I glance at the child. I study her features, which are very similar to mine. I gasp when the realization hits me. "That's me," I whisper. This must be a suppressed memory since I remember nothing before the lab. I hear shouting, making us turn to the door. Two adults burst into the room.

"Y/n! Come on, sweetie. We have to go," the woman claims as she rushes to the kid and picks her up. My heart stops as I observe them. They must be my biological parents. I could never remember their faces, so this is hitting me like a ton of bricks.