ᴘʀɪɴᴄᴇꜱꜱ ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴀꜰᴀʀ

Start from the beginning

A mist rolled over the petals from the inside, spilling over her hand as she picked it up and held it closer towards her face. Though it was merely a few inches away, she could still feel it's cold temperature reaching her nose. As for the note, it was from Kaeya asking to meet later in the day.

The said man shrugged his shoulders. "Fair point. But, where's the fun in that?" He smirked.

She pressed her lips together to suppress a smile. "Of course you'd think that's more entertaining."

Reaching for the drink in front of him, Kaeya peered into cup. "I think I'll need a refill for this," He said. "Is there anything you want? I could get it for you."

(Y/n) pondered. "...I always get the same thing. But after having it over and over, I think I'm tired of it."

A light went on in Kaeya's head. "In that case, why don't I suggest some of the fanciest ones there are?" He asked, keeping in mind she possibly had a refined taste. But before he could even begin naming a few, he noticed how bored she look hearing about it, her expression fading like a star that slowly disappears in the night.

And then, that's when it hit him.

In Fontaine, she must've had all the finest things to drink given to her by the sound of a bell. There was probably nothing he could suggest that'd be on par.

So what would be different then? He thought to himself.

Having that in mind, he then asked. "On second thought, how does cheap beer sound? We could grab some and head off somewhere else."

Kaeya watched as her eyes flickered towards his face with  a small look of curiosity.

"Oh, I've never tried it before..." (Y/n) had this faint smile on her lips, as if the mere thought of it was something she was never allowed previously.

"Well, then. Let's go get two bottles and be on our way," He said.

Her gaze followed him as he stood up. His appearance was so luminous in the setting sun, she couldn't look away. It was so pleasant the way he looked.

That was when he glanced over his shoulder, his visible eye staring straight at her. "Come on now," The ends of his lips curved upward. "It's a beautiful afternoon. Let's not throw it away."

Having just traversed quite a lengthy destination, the two ended up seated before the massive ruin that was this ancient amphitheater of sorts. They sat over a ledge, their legs dangling against the cold concrete. The sky above their heads had begun to turn from crimson gold to shades of purple and blue. Where then a few stars had emerged from beyond,  tiny and scattered as more gathered from night's unfolding arms.

Kaeya handed her a bottle, noting when their hands brushed against the other. He then averted his gaze, glancing up towards the jeweled heavens as if there was something there he was interested in catching glimpse of.

All the while (Y/n) lifted the bottle close to her face, taking a gentle whiff. But the strong smell made her crinkle her nose, and it showed on her face the way her brows and eyes furrowed in dismay.

The man couldn't help but chuckle at her reaction, having seen it from the corner of his eyes. "I still remember my first time," He said. "So, don't feel pressured into trying it. Alright?"