ᴀʟᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ

Start from the beginning

Satisfied, Amber excused herself momentarily. All the while (Y/n) gave Eula a slight nod.

She wouldn't forget it so easily. The expression on her face told the knight they'd speak later.

Moving past Eula, she then headed towards the bar. Diluc, who was pouring a sparkling drink into a glass, met her gaze. She flashed him a subtle smile, to which he returned.

"(Y/n)," He greeted her. "It's certainly been a while..."

Her eyes briefly shied away. "It was never my intention," She said. "Lately, my mind's been on its own schedule."

Diluc's expression softened. "For someone who left everything and made something out of nothing, you ought to give yourself a bit more credit," He said. "And room to breathe." The glass he had filled was slid towards her.

Eyeing the drink, (Y/n) took it. "Perhaps I was childish to agree to abandon my responsibilities, all for the sake of a promised dream," She admitted.

The man leveled himself with her, his gaze quite endearing. "What's done is done..." He told her. "As much as one would like to, we can't exactly go back and change things." He then averted his gaze. "Besides. If by chance you hadn't, then I wouldn't have had the pleasure of getting to know you."

What he had said warned him a smile from her lips.

"I suppose that's one good thing to have happened," (Y/n) glanced up into his eyes. "I don't ever want to imagine what'd it be like without you."

Diluc's eyes slightly widened. But by the time his cheeks had the faintest tint of red, she had already turned her back to him.

(Y/n) looked around momentarily. There was Venti with Aether and Paimon, his face as flustered as flustered gets. Razor was with Bennett and a blonde with an eyepatch she'd never seen before.

It was then she spotted Kaeya all alone at a table. He stared off at everyone, though not at any face in particular.

She hadn't noticed before, but Kaeya's face at rest was extraordinarily serious. He looked lost in thought with his brows curved slightly down as if he were unamused. And his pupils were rather cold, darting around across various things like staying alert was merely second-nature to him.

He was deep in his head, this she could tell.

"Are you alright, Kaeya?" She asked once near.

Her voice seemed to pull him from the depths of his thoughts. The man's eyes slightly widened, blinking a few times as if he'd been surprised. He then glanced over at her, a reassuring smile making bits way across his lips.

"Worried about me? Don't be," He assured her. "You should be enjoying yourself."

(Y/n) let a few words slip from her lips before she raised her cup. "You should be too," She retorted as she took a sip.

Kaeya merely chuckled. "For you, I'll try."

The two turned their attention to a brief outburst of laughter. (Y/n) then looked back at him, to which he met her eyes once more.

"...I'll feel bad if you miss out on all the fun," He tried to encourage her.

"You're not enjoying yourself?" She asked.

Kaeya shook his head. "I have a drink in my hand. What else could I ask for?" He said. "Besides, I'm waiting for someone to arrive. She's usually not this late."