Chapter 30: Wait what

Ashton's P.O.V

I ran as fast as I could down the hall to Jessica's room. There was so much on confusion. Abby sat outside balling her eyes out.

"Abby Abby what is going on." I cried and collapsed down beside her.

"Jess relapsed. Her heart monitor started going insane so I pulled the alarm." She said while Luke sat down beside her, holding her shaking hand. Lia was leaning against the wall, not saying a word, pale faced and teary eyed.

I sat on the ground outside her room so I could see every move, hear every sound, waiting for my reaction. Dylan shouldn't have to grow up with out her mother. Jessica was looking forward to this so much and now that it's come I don't even know if she could make it.

Seconds passed and I saw a pair on feet rushing past me thudding the ground hard and stopped at the desk.

"Jessica Clifford, where is she?!" Panic set threw his voice. Soon after two pairs of feet rushed pasted me and stopped next to him.

"I need to see my daughter." The woman balled.

Braking quickly from my thought I finally came to the conclusion the it was Michael an his parents. I stood up quickly and fixed my shirt.

"Mikey." I whined and pulled him into a hug "I am so sorry this is my fault." I cried

"I never want to hear you saying sorry for making my sister the happiest girl in the world alright. You are my best friend and nothing is ever going to change that." He laughed making me feel better.

"Jessica is relapsing." I said looking at Jessica's parents and could see her Mums eyes filling with tears.

"Come him Ashton." She said putting out her arms to give me a hug "You have made her very happy and this is just a bump in the road okay."

"Yes Ms Clifford." I smiled "If you want I can bring ye to see your new grand daughter? While we are waiting to hear back okay?" I suggested seeing the door to Jessica's room close by one of the nurses.

"That would be great." Jessica's dad responded and patted my back.

"Will you ring me if anything happens please?" I said to Luke showing him that I was putting my phone into my pocket.

"Yeah of course." He smiled.

________

"Can you see her?" I questioned as we looked through the gallery glass where behind lay the babies.

The look of concentration spread through their faces.

"No no I cant." Michael said.

"Is that her? The one third from the back on the right. Wrapped in the purple cloth." Ms Clifford questioned as I squinted my eyes trying to see was it Dylan.

"Ill be back in a second." I said walking over to one of the nurses who was in charge of the babies.

"Would you mind if I could take my daughter to met her grand parents?" I asked the nurse nicely.

"Oh course. Can I just see your ID?" She asked and I took out my drivers license from my pocket and showed it to her.

"OH Dylan Brett isn't it?" She said and I nodded in response.

She returned a few seconds later with Dylan and gave her to me carefully making sure that I had Dylan correctly supported before I left. I slowly walked over to where I had left Jessicas family over at the gallery window.

"Well I guess you can meet her now." I said happily.

"She is so adorable. She looks just like Jessica." Her Dad pointed out.