Chapter 29: Finally

Ashton's P.O.V

I sat on the cold leather chair in the waiting room of the hospital with my heart in my mouth. The nurse told me I had to leave because there was a lot of blood loss when Jessi was pushing. I have been here for 2 hours an not one worker has even updated me.

I took my phone from my phone and dialed Michaels number into my phone. I hovered my finger per the call button before locking my phone again.

I felt bad yeah for not telling him but I needed to know the full story. I needed my Mum right now. I didn't think that it would be so hard.

What if I lose her- Ashton stop you are being ridiculous, I said trying to reassure myself but my inner psyche was starting to take over. I needed to hear Mums voice.

I dialed Mums phone number as quick as I possibly could.

"Ash?" She said surprisingly.

I remains silent cause I couldn't form the words.

"Ashton? You okay pet?" Mum said again.

"H-Hi M-Mum" I responded as a lump in my throat. I but my lip trying to fight off my tears. I sunk down deep into the chair and crossed my hand in front of my stomach.

"Baby what's wrong?"

"Jessica is in labour." I replied and failing to hold back my tears I let one shed down my cheek.

"Well that's amazing!" She exclaimed.

"Well.." I said taking a deep breath and once again failing to form any words.

"Well what Ashton."

"They won't let me be with her Mum. She has been in labour for hours, rather she has been pushing for hours." I wiped away the tear from my cheek but it was no use because by the time I had wiped one, there more would come.

"Ashton dear that's normal. Sometimes." Mums fear started to come through in her voice which screamed me even more.

"Mum its not normal when she started bleeding and they wont even let me see her." I cried silently "Mum I cant loose her."

"Ashton no one said anything about loosing her. She will be fine. I promise." She reassured me.

"MR.IRWIN?" A nurse shouted from the ICU door.

"Mum Mum they are calling me I got to go." I said right as I hung up the phone "YEAH thats me." I jumped up off the chair and ran over to the dark brown haired nurse.

"Tell me she is okay, are they both okay?" I wiped my face and attempted to fix my messed up hair.

"Your baby is perfectly health and gorgeous." The nurse spoke as she guided me through the hall way of the hospital.

"What about my girlfriend? Please tell me she is okay?"

I was trying to prepare myself for the worst but the more I thought about anything bad happening to Jessica, I dont know, my life without Jessica is a life not worth living. I took multiple deep breaths to calm myself.

"Ms. Clifford on the other hand is slightly more complicated, sir." She sighed rubbing her hands together.

"Please God No! What do you mean complicated?" I put my hands up to my face.

"Complicated in the sense that she lost so much blood during the labour that we had to do a blood transfusion or else she would die." She sighed again "But unfortunately she is not conscious." She said and stopped walking and pointed into a room where I turned to see my girl laying on the bed with a breathing tub down her throat.