Chapter 41: Now in Color

Start from the beginning

I walk over to her from the kitchen and notice her bigger tummy. "Have I?" she asks, turning her body and knocking down some fruit. Vision speeds over and catches the papaya. "I can't tell from this angle," Wanda adds.

"Woah! Yeah. Definitely bigger," Tony comments as he approaches.

Vision studies the papaya and claims, "I can't wait..." He giggles before continuing. "To be a proud papa-ya."

"Wow, that was lame," I casually remark.

"Tell me about it. If you're gonna start telling dad jokes, you need to do it right," Tony adds.

🎥🎥🎥

We're gathered in the nursery room and Wanda assembles a crib while I paint the walls with our telekinesis. "Nesting, the overwhelming urge during pregnancy to clean, organize, and prepare the home for the new baby," Vision reads from his book.

Meanwhile, Wanda opens up a box and responds, "see? You're an expert already, we've got nothing to worry about." I fly the decorations up above the crib. Tony just watches us decorate as he sits in his chair next to Vision, drinking beer.

"Well, nothing to worry about outside of morning sickness, mood swings, aching back, and... f-feet. Darling, you should probably sit down," Vision says, getting out of his chair.

"Don't be silly. All I feel is excitement, happiness, and... oh!" Wanda suddenly gasps, looking down at her belly.

"Kicking? Already?" Tony questions, standing up.

"Wow," Vision utters, touching her belly. Tony and I feel her belly too.

"Oh! He kicked me!" I claim.

"He's a violent fella, isn't he?" Tony remarks.

"Oh, it's such a strange sensation. It's kind of fluttery," Wanda enthusiastically giggles. Right after her statement, the butterfly decorations come to life. "Oh, did I do that? I didn't mean to."

A butterfly lands on Vision's nose. "Oh, uh, darling," he voices, bending down.

"Oh." Wanda removes it and Vision says, "Hello, little fella."

"Uh, y/n?" Tony pipes up. I turn to see multiple butterflies littered over his shoulders and head. I laugh and approach him, swatting my hands to make them fly off of him. "Thanks, kiddo," he sighs. Wanda opens the window, letting all the butterflies out.

"Well, if that was the first kick, that puts you at about six months! Boy, oh, boy, I thought I had superspeed, I can't keep up!" Vision claims. He closes his book and adds, "please don't misinterpret. I can't wait to meet you, little Billy." He kisses Wanda's belly and she gives him a strange look.

"Billy?"

"Yeah."

"Well, I was thinking Tommy. Just a nice, classic, all-American name."

"Hmm, Tommy. Hmm, yeah. Yeah, then there's Billy, isn't there? Named after William Shakespeare. 'All the world's a stage.' All the men and women, merely players."

"Bobby!" I suddenly cut in. The couple gives me a strange look.

"Bobby?" Wanda asks, clearly disliking it.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I thought we were just saying basic white boy names," I respond. They look at each other, slightly offended.

"What about Tony? Now there's an all-star name!" Tony suggests. Wanda playfully rolls her eyes.

"Well, I guess there's only one solution to this debate. Hope for a girl," she states before painting a stork on the wall.

"Whatever, I still think Tony is a top-tier name," Tony scoffs, putting his hands on his hips.