Chapter 40: For the Children Part 2

Start from the beginning

"People of many talents," I finish for him. "Thanks, Dad," I tell him, smiling softly. He returns the smile and kisses my temple before stepping away. Peter comes up to me now with a timid grin.

"Hi."

"Hi," I return. He slightly fidgets, looking nervous.

"You look really nice," he compliments me. My heart flutters and my smile grows at this.

"Thank you... so do you," I reply. We just stare at each other until a voice catches our attention.

"And now for our next act... I present to you, Y/n, Peter, and Tony," Dottie announces. I take another deep breath as we line up at the curtain.

"Good luck, guys!" Geraldine calls out.

"Thanks," I respond before stepping through the curtains. The other two follow after me and we stand on the gazebo, in front of the curtains, with both men on either side of me.

"Hit it!" Tony yells and the music starts playing. We perform our dance moves to the music before the singing part starts.

"Imagine me and you," I commence, descending down the steps.

"I do," Peter continues, coming up on my right side.

"I think about you day and night"

"It's only right," Tony sings from my left.

"To think about the girl you love"

"And hold her tight," Peter sings, twirling me into him. He twirls me back out and I end up in the center again.

"So happy together," We synchronize our movements.

"If I should call you up, invest a dime." We switch positions, spinning clockwise into the next person's spot. Our line turns into a triangle formation with Tony at the top as we stand behind him on either side.

"And you say you belong to me, and ease my mind," he sings. We switch again.

"Imagine how the world would be, so very fine," Peter continues.

"So happy together," we all belt.

"I can't see me loving nobody but you

For all my life

When you're with me, baby the skies will be blue

For all my life." We sing together as we dance. I twirl from Peter to Tony and then we form the triangle again with me as the center.

"Me and you, and you and me," I sing. Our bodies face the side while our heads face the audience as we step from one foot onto the other and snap our fingers.

"No matter how they toss the dice, it had to be," Tony sings, spinning to the front.

"The only one for me is you, and you for me," Peter sings when he's in front.

"So happy together," I sing. We continue singing and dancing, changing formations and spinning around the stage. I take turns dancing with Peter and Tony, smoothly transitioning from one partner to the other. We spin and leap through the air, performing various techniques during the instrumental part of the song. We sing together at the end.

"So happy together"

"How is the weather?"

"So happy together"

"We're happy together" I sing while Peter and Tony sing, "Ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba"

"So happy together (ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba)"