17: Tony Stark!Dad(Prom)

Title: Prom
Characters: Tony Stark!Dad, Steve Rogers, Natasha Romanoff, Wanda Maximoff
Warnings: none
Summary: with a few lyrics from Slipping Through My Fingers and What Hurts The Most, Tony realizes just how much he's missed out on his daughters life and tries to fix it(THIS IS A FEMxFEM STORY)

————————————————————————

"Hey kid, I was wondering if..." I move down the hall to y/n's room to laughter. I smile as I watch Wanda apply makeup to her already beautiful face, Nat pinning up her hair. A gorgeous y/f/c prom dress flows over her body and she tries not to laugh too much as they prepare her for tonight. My smile quirks down a little.

She's getting so grown up...

"Do you think she'll like my look? What if she doesn't like my dress?!" My daughters voice gets higher as she becomes more panicked.

"Y/n stop worrying, y/gf/n(your girlfriends name) will love the way you look." Wanda reassures her. The other redhead nods.

"We never mess up a look." They all laugh again and my sad smile grows. I hear footsteps behind me but I'm fixated on the image before me.

"They look like they're having fun..." I hear Steve chuckle. "Hey you ok?" I think for a moment before responding, not looking away from the three girls before me.

"She keeps on growing... it's like just yesterday she was in diapers, messing around in my lab." We both chuckle a little.

"Yeah, she's growing up fast. But that doesn't answer my question." My eyes flit over to him and he puts a hand on my shoulder. "You can talk to me Tony, you know that." I nod slowly, thinking back...

"Hey dad... school was pretty good today I-"

"Sorry kid I'm busy right now, maybe we can talk another time." She nods slowly and I barely catch the glimmer of tears dripping down her face as she walks away...

"Hey honey I know I said I would pick you up today but I got an important meeting. We can hang out tomorrow after school though maybe." I hear her sigh from the other end of the phone.

"It's ok Dad. I'm sure Nat's already on her way. Love you." She hangs up quickly and I sit there for a moment wondering if she really means it...

"Tony?"

"I messed up Steve." I sigh. "I let precious time go by. I was a terrible father, always ignoring her life and putting it aside for mine. I was never there for her..."

"I'm glad you- hi Dad! Hey Steve!" I look over again to see y/n waving at us brightly. We both wave back and Steve squeezes my shoulder as we start walking away.

"She clearly forgives you Tony." He tries to reassure me but I only shrug. "You can't keep beating yourself up like this."

"I know but... there's still a sense of guilt... I can't deny..." I slump down on the couch and Steve sits opposite me.

Y/n's POV:

"Hey you ok?" Wanda asks as I watch Steve walk away with my dad. The two women follow my gaze and I shrug. "Your dad again?"

"I know he's trying... it's just hard."

"We'll try not to worry too much. Tonight's big for you!" I brighten up as Nat says this, excited to see
y/gf/n tonight at our schools prom. "Now go get your heels on, we're dropping you off at the hall in 30 minutes." I nod and hurry out, waving goodbye to my dad and Steve as we get in the car.

I step out and blow a kiss to the girls as they drive off. I walk slowly, adjusting my dress as I glide up the steps into the room where the dance is being held. I step out into the balcony above the dance floor and look out over my classmates, scanning the party for my girlfriend. And that's when my heart shatters.

The dress she knew I had been waiting months to see on her is gripped tightly in the hands of another girl, who's body is pressed flush against hers as they kiss. My eyes fill with tears as her eyes meet mine and I run out of the room, falling against the wall in the bathroom. The door bangs open and I stand up to face y/gf/n.

"Y/n... I... I'm so sorry I didn't-"

"You didn't what?" I snap. "Didn't think I'd show up and catch you making out with another girl in the dress MY DAD BOUGHT YOU?!" She looks down at her shoes.

"I'm really sorry..."

"You wanna know something? It's not even the fact that you cheated. But what hurts the most, is being SO CLOSE! I thought I finally had someone... someone who wouldn't leave me. Can't you see that loving you was all I was trying to do..?"

"Y/n please..." She stammers over her words as I rush past her.

"No... no I'm going home. I expect that dress in Stark Tower by tomorrow, 3 in the afternoon in perfect condition. No later or you pay it back in full." I get outside the building and fly myself back to the tower, rushing up to the living room where my dad is still with Steve, Nat and Wanda.

"Shouldn't you be at... woah what happened?" Dad shoots up and they all stare as tears flow down my face. I run to him and hug his torso as tight as I can, sobbing violently into his chest. "Deep breathes honey, deep breaths."

Tony's POV:

"Now tell us what happened." I lead her over to the couch and she leans into my side, still crying into me. Mascara runs down her cheeks and she shakes in my hold.

"Y/gf/n... she cheated on me!!" Y/n sniffles. I look at the others in shock. My body is filled with rage watching my daughter so broken. "She's dropping off the dress tomorrow at 3 or I told her she can pay back in full." I hold back a chuckle at that and Nat nods firmly.

"Then we can put it together with all her stuff and burn it." She smirks. Wanda nods with her but Steve shakes his head.

"Cmon we're better than that. But we will support you y/n." Steve reaches over and squeezes her knee.

"Steve is right." I comment, rubbing her back. "We are better than that. We're gonna cover her stuff in glue, except the valuables you want to keep, and dump glitter all over it along with raw eggs, flour and syrup."

"That... that is not what I meant Tony. We can't just destroy this kids property. I think she needs a lesson but..."

"Hey she hurt MY LITTLE GIRL." I raise my voice slightly, enraged at the thought. "No one gets away with it, not on my watch." I feel y/n curl up beside me and I look down to see her sniffling a little more calmly. "You want me to take you to bed sweetheart? We can finish our revenge plan in the morning." She nods sleepily and I pick her up carefully.

As I tuck her in and go to walk away she grabs my arm.

"You ok?" She pulls me into a hug and after a moment I return it.

"I love you dad."

"I love you to kiddo." I smile and walk out.

PLEASE VOTE IF YOU ENJOYED!!!