58: Best Girl(Avengers)

Y/n's POV:

"Ms. Wilson, there's someone for you at the door." I rolled over grumbling, as FRIDAY repeated her message for the 3rd time. I waited a few moments, sighing in relief when she shut up. "Ms. Wilson-"

"Ok thank you FRIDAY, I'm going." I groan, covering my head with a pillow. I get up and pull on a black robe over my pajamas and walk down the hall towards the elevator.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Sam chuckles, handing me a cup of coffee. "Your girlfriend is waiting outside if you'd like to go get her." I kiss my brother on the cheek and grumble a response, pulling the door open.

"Hey my love," Haley smiles, pecking me on the lips. She moves inside to greet my brother and laughs as he whispers something in her ear. "Cmon it's time to get ready or we'll be late." I furrow my brow, sipping my coffee slowly.

"Hmmm?" I murmur, settling on the seat beside Haley.

"Sis, I know you're always a mess but cmon tell me you didn't forget." I shake my head and set the empty cup down.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." They both exchange looks before bursting out in laughter.

"Babe cmon I'll explain while we get you ready." I follow my girlfriend lazily, shooting Sam one last confused look before she pushes me into my bedroom and locks the door.

"Haley..." I gesture towards the locked door, while wrapping my arms around her neck and she chuckles.

"Not right now, but later," I smirk and kiss her for a moment before she pulls away. "Cmon let's get you an outfit. Tonight, is the first anniversary of me meeting the Avengers as your girlfriend and we agreed to celebrate remember?"

"Shit Hales, I'm so sorry. I can't believe I forgot I
just-" She cuts me off with a kiss and pulls away to grab something from my closet.

"It's ok y/n/n. Don't worry about it. I almost forgot myself." She lays out a y/f/c dress on the bed and slowly backs out of my room. "I've gotta go get ready myself but I will see you tonight darling. Until then..."

time skip to the party...

"Where's Haley?" I mutter under my breath, playing with the hem of my skirt. The dress is gorgeous but the longer my girl takes to get here, the tighter it feels. "Nat! Hey, have you seen Hales?" My best friend moves closer to me and glances around.

"Uh... no I haven't seen her since she left to get ready earlier. She walked by and said she got an important call she had to go take. I think a friend called her for something." I nod slowly and Nat rubs my shoulder. "Hey, I'm sure Haley will be here ok? Let's go dance."

"Ok..." I sigh as the redhead pulls me towards where my brother is dancing with Bucky.

"Hey, where's Haley?" Sam asks, twirling me around as Bucky takes his girlfriend, whisking her toward the bar. I shrug, sighing again as we sway together. "I'm sure she'll show up soon." I nod and he frowns. "Cmon let's have some fun ok?" I try my best to smile but he sees right through me. "Never mind, let's go get you a drink." I follow him eagerly to the bar as he pours me a shot.

"Thanks, Sam..." I whisper, taking a seat.

"I'm gonna go make a call but I'll be right back ok? Don't go anywhere." I shrug and down another shot.

A few minutes go by and the party slowly starts to die down. I glance around, wondering what could've started the mood switch when I notice Haley by the door. I rush over to her and she takes my hands in hers.

"Hey," I whisper, studying her face. "Where were you?"

"Hi, I'm so sorry I'm late but everything took forever and it'll make more sense in a minute but-"

"JUST DO IT!" Someone yells and she chuckles looking down.

"Do what?"

"Y/n Wilson... you and I have had an interesting path to love but I'm glad it brought us here because you truly are my soulmate and the love of my life. I want you to know that no matter what happens I will always love you and I hope you feel the same. From now till forever it's you and I. So I wanted to ask... will you marry me?" She gets down on one knee and holds up the most gorgeous ring. I shake a little as tears flow and I pull her up to hug her tightly.

"Yes, yes, yes!" I cry, pulling her in for a kiss. Cheers erupt around us and I hear Sam and Bucky start whooping while Natasha wolf whistles. "I thought you were leaving me for a minute there."

"Never. You're my best girl."

updated a/n:

hello all i'm not sure why this chapter took so long to upload and i'm so sorry it did. first and foremost i hope you all are having a great day. second my girlfriend and i are no longer together and i would appreciate it if you could all respect my decision to not speak about our relationship any further.

with that being said school, state testing, etc. has been very stressful so i apologize for the lack of updates. i'm also working on a special new project and can't wait to share more with you in the future.

have a wonderful day loves xx