38: Tony Stark(Infinity War) *PART 2 TO WITHOUT ME*

Title: Infinity War
Characters: Steve Rogers, T'Challa, Sam Wilson, Thor Odinson, Bruce Banner, Thanos, Vision, Dr. Strange, Wanda Maximoff, Tony Stark, Peter Parker, Rhodey, Natasha Romanoff
Warnings: very angst, violence, blood
Summary: pretty self-explanatory. infinity war after the events in the last chapter

————————————————————————

"You ok?" Steve asks as we fly. I shrug, hugging my knees tighter to my chest. "Y/n... you haven't said a word to anyone since you left the raft." I hear Nat move to crouch before me and feel her place her hands on my shoulders.

"Please talk to us." She whispered. I looked down to meet her eyes and she smiled a little. "There you go. Come on..." I look back up and she sighs, standing up, walking towards Steve.

"He said..." both of them turn to look at me, a little shocked. "He said he was gonna come back." Another wave of tears rushes through me. "That he would take me away from the raft... he lied."

"What do you mean?" Steve asks. "What did he lie about?"

"He never came back for me... I don't even know how long I was in there for..." the tears flow freely and Natasha tries her best to wipe them away, to no avail. "How long I cried... and he never came." I laugh a little, looking up at Nat, who gives me a sorrowful smile. "I wonder... you said you saw him? After he visited me and Sam?" I look to Steve and he nods.

"Yeah... he flew straight to uh... to the bunker where we fought." He nods again, slower this time. "We fought over Bucky... over HYDRA. We all got it pretty bad. Injuries and all."

"Maybe that's why he didn't come..." the redhead offers. "He was taking care of himself." I shrug. Sam finally moves from his seat and hugs me silently. Another tear falls from my eye but I wipe it away quickly and he leans his cheek against the top of my head. We sit in silence for the rest of the ride until Steve's phone rings. He glances down at the contact, eyes widening as he picks up.

"Tony?"

Time skip...

"So what's our play?" Steve asks Bruce, who stands awkwardly in the corner, glancing at Nat every ten seconds. "What does he want?"

"That..." he points to Vision and we look to the goldstone in his head. "He wants that. Once he has all of them... there's nothing we can do." I look out the window shaking my head.

When Steve picked up the phone, said Tony's name... I don't think I'd ever been so excited to hear his voice. But when I found out he was somewhere in space with a wizard and the spider kid my worried demeanor returned.

I didn't listen to Wanda, Vision, and Steve bicker about destroying the mind stone. I just stared at the place that used to be my home. Our home.

"Come on." Sam shook me from my thoughts and I noticed the room had practically emptied. "We're going to Wakanda."

In Wakanda...

"So what'd they say?" Bucky asks. "They surrender?"

"Not exactly," Steve sighs. As he responds, the alien lady slams her spear into the ground and a hoard of monstrous creatures throw themselves into the Wakandan barrier, cutting themselves in half.

"They're killing themselves..." Okoye breathes out. I narrow my eyes, swallowing the fear inside of me. We watch a few get through the border only to be shot down by Sam and Rhodey.

"They're going to surround us..." I whisper. "If they get behind us, they have a clear path to Vision." T'Challa gives a few orders through his earpiece and with a battle cry, the border opens in front of us, pulling the creatures towards our front. We run towards them and I focus all my anger of the past months into defeating Thanos and his minions.