Chapter 7 When magic decided your fate

'Cursed.'

'Cursed.'

'Cursed.'

That word repeated itself over and over again in your mind "And...can it be broken?" you asked with fear in your voice. "That's the thing, dear. It cannot. The wizard who cursed you is dead and his wand was destroyed. There is no possible way we'll be able to break it." Answered Madam Pomfrey.

A tear slipped from your eye, rolling slowly down your cheek. "What's going to happen to me?" the question lingered in the air for a couple of seconds and, as Madam Pomfrey seemed unable to tell you the news, Minerva said "(y/n), you've been cursed by the same wizard that killed your father, he then burned his wand and took his own life. The spell used against you the day your parents died is a very ancient curse that can only be taken by the same wizard who casted it in the first place."

You kept your gaze low, looking at the white sheets as if they were the most interesting thing in the world. when Professor McGonagall's words sank in, you realised what was going to happen to you. "I'm going to die, aren't I?"

Your voice was so broken and soft that it pulled in Severus' heartstrings knowing that you will die and there's nothing in his power to stop your horrendous fate.

You fixed your (e/c) eyes to the teachers standing in front of the bed you were currently lying on and then, Dumbledore, with shaky voice, said

"Yes."

You closed your eyes, letting more tears roll down your cheeks. "Please, Miss (l/n), don't cry. It will not do you any good to feel such powerful emotions, besides you still have time to live your life and be happy. You are going to graduate in a couple of months, you are going to...you know, do things you've always wanted to do." said Professor Flitwick but his words didn't ease your frustration.

"It might be better if we just let her be." Madam Pomfrey said to the rest of the teachers, they all nodded and left the hospital wing, including Poppy. Leaving you in your bitter tears and strangled sobs. Just wishing this was all a nightmare and that you'll wake up in your dorm with Celestia and you'll live normally, as you expected your last year at Hogwarts to be: normal.

A/N I'm sorry this is so short but I promise the next chapters are longer, take good care my lovelies xxx