Chapter 9 His first gift

The next day you spent it in the Hospital wing, seeing as your exhaustion hadn't left your body. After you had some breakfast, you grabbed your bag from the floor and took your notebook and quill, you continued writing your novel. Just passing the time until Celestia came running to you "(y/n)! How are you feeling!" she engulfed you in a hug, which you returned with a smile on your face. "I'm...I'm alright Celesty." you answered.

"Are you sure? Then why did you faint the other day?"

You opened your mouth to answer her question but then, a deep voice interrupted you "Miss Warren, I suggest you leave Miss (l/n). She needs rest." You looked up and met Professor Snape's dark gaze

Celestia nodded but before she could leave the Hospital Wing, you grabbed her wrist and said "Because of my sleepless nights and school stress, nothing to worry about." she smiled at you before grabbing her bag and leaving the room.

"Why didn't you tell her the truth?" asked the Potions Master "I don't want her to know, I don't want everyone knowing about what's happening to me." you lowered your gaze as you heard the black haired professor sigh.

"Listen, (y/n), I'm going to leave your homework here for you to do it as well as your other classes' notes too. I'll come back at 7:00pm sharp for you to give me your work." you nodded at his words as he walked to your nightstand, leaving a pile of books and some parchment for you to write your essays and important notes.

"Thanks, Professor." you said in a sweet voice that it almost made Severus smile. Almost.

"You're welcome." he replied curtly before turning on his heels and leaving the Hospital wing in his usual dramatic way.

You let out a sigh as you grabbed your potions book and started to write an essay about the Draught of Peace.

Later that day, as you were doing your Transfiguration homework, you spotted Madam Pomfrey walking past your bed. "Madam Pomfrey!" you said, trying to get her attention for a couple of minutes.

She turned around and walked towards your bed, standing at the end of it "What is it, dear?" you put your book on your lap and said "Well, I was wondering if I'll be able to leave the hospital wing soon...I have classes to attend and the graduation is coming..."

She sighed deeply before saying "In a couple of days you'll be able to leave but you must be really careful Miss (l/n), you mustn't exhaust yourself as it could lead you to collapse and...well-" you cut her off by saying softly "I could die."

She nodded and you sighed "I'm really sorry, dear." she said "You shouldn't be sorry, Madam Pomfrey, we are all going to die. Is the only thing that makes us human." you said

"Yeah, I suppose you are right. Well, you should rest if you want to leave in a few days." you nodded and she continued walking to the other side of the room.

That night, you were peacefully reading a book when, suddenly, the doors burst open, making you jump a little in your bed but once you saw it was only the dramatic of Professor Snape you relaxed again.

"I'm here for your essays." he said in his usual monotone voice. You suppressed a chuckle and, turning your body slightly in the bed, you went to grab some papers lying on the nightstand. "Here." you said as you handed them to the Potions Master.

He looked through them as you took a sip from your hot tea, brought to you by none other than your best friend "They are quite...good." he said. Making you smile widely.

"When are you going to be allowed to go from here?" he asked, lifting his obsidian eyes from the essays in his hands "Madam Pomfrey said that in a couple of days, though she said that I must not tire myself, I'll be able to return and have my classes normally."