Chapter 35 How does a moment last forever?

It's been a week since you and Severus spent the day on the beach, he had told you that the cabin where you both stayed was from a friend of his. He didn't tell you who it was but you assumed it was Lucius as the decoration of the place looked a lot like the one at Malfoy Manor.

You weren't able to walk around the house anymore so you spent the day sitting on the couch or in bed.

You were writing your novel as you laid on the couch, your legs were stretched along it so you were occupying most of the piece of furniture. Suddenly your legs were lifted in the air, an action that made your eyes leave your notebook only to notice that Severus sat down in the place your feet were and he put your legs over his lap.

"What are you writing?" his deep voice asked, making you smile a little. "A novel." you answered simply. "About what, my dear?"

You fixed your gaze on your lover and you said with a smirk dancing on your lips "Curious, are we?" He rolled his eyes at you in a very dramatic way which made you chuckle to yourself "It's a romantic novel." you said, continuing to write.

"I've seen you with that notebook since you were in school, (y/n)." he stated matter of factly "Yes, I started it in school but... let's just say I've found new inspiration." Your words made him smile a little at you but you averted your gaze to the page with your knitty handwriting as you continued writing one of the final chapters.

"Will you let me read it?" This question surprised you. Severus was looking intently at you "Once it's finished, yes, of course I'll let you read it, but for now you'd have to wait." he groaned playfully at you earning a smile from you.

"Are you hungry, my love?" you shook your head at his question. For the past three days, you haven't felt any appetite. Nothing looked apetecible to you but you knew you had to eat something and Severus made sure of that.

Then, Ashes, your cat, jumped on the coffee table and she sat down on it, her green eyes looking directly at you "Hello, little one." you said. Closing your notebook with your pen inside as you started to stroke the cat and it started to purr softly.

"Come on, (y/n). You just had a pumpkin pastry for breakfast and a cup of tea. Try to eat something, okay?" Severus said, which made you sigh "Alright."

"There's some chicken in the fridge, would you like me to bring your food here or for me to take you to the kitchen?" You put the notebook in the coffee table next to Ashes "I'd like to go to the kitchen, please." you said softly.

Severus stood up and scooped you in his arms from the couch and carried you to the kitchen where he sat you down on the small table in the centre of the room.

You watched as Severus took out some plates and put the food in them, heating it with a simple spell.

He put his wand on the counter and walked towards the table and put a plate in front of you "Just eat until you are full, darling." you nodded at him as the two of you started to eat.

You managed to eat all the food from your plate and when Severus casted a spell over the dishes to wash themselves, he carried you back to the living room.

Ashes was nowhere to be seen but you thought that maybe she went upstairs. The thought of the cat went away when Severus lowered you on the couch.

You smiled up at him but as he was about to leave for his study, you said "Severus, will you stay with me, please?" his eyes softened at you and he nodded, sitting down next to you. "If you ever feel sad," you started to say as you focused your attention on your notebook that was still on the coffee table "I want you to read what I wrote in that notebook, will you do that for me?" you asked, this time looking at Severus who never got his eyes off you.