Chapter 29 Riding in the Sunset

You opened your eyes just to be met by a pair of onyx orbs gazing down at you lovingly "Good morning love." Severus said, earning a smile from you "Morning Sev." you said before putting a hand over your mouth as you let out a yawn "What time is it?" you asked with your eyes closed "Quarter past nine." was his answer. You hummed at him as you laid your head on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat "Is there something you want to do from the list?" you asked without looking up at Severus.

"Well, there's something... but if you stay in bed all day we won't be able to do anything, love." you chuckled slightly and turned to look up at him with a loving gaze "Fine, I'll get up but, can we take the wheelchair this time? Despite the potion you gave me yesterday I still felt tired."

Severus frowned slightly at this, making a mental note to improve the potion later "Sure, don't worry about it. Now get up while I make some breakfast." you showed him a last smile before you slipped out of the blankets.

---

After breakfast, you were sitting on your wheelchair in the living room, you were checking that you had everything in your small purse when Severus entered the room "Ready?" he asked you "Yes." you said, smiling at him. He touched your chair and you immediately felt the feeling of apparition. When you opened your eyes again, you were in a completely different place.

He started to push your chair towards a big mansion at the end of the pad you were now being pushed by your lover "Where are we?" you asked, looking up at Severus "Malfoy Manor." he replied shortly. You stayed quiet for the rest of the ride in your wheelchair.

Once you arrived at the mansion, a lady with green robes was standing outside the door. "Narcissa." said Severus in his usual monotone voice "Severus." the lady with the green dress that now you knew her name was Narcissa acknowledged the Potions Master

"Is Lucius with you?" he asked. "Yes, he'll meet you both in the garden... you must be (y/n)." she said, turning to you "Yes that's me, a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Malfoy." she smiled at you before starting to walk around the big house "Follow me." You looked up at Severus but his eyes weren't gazing back at you, he was focused on the road so you returned your (e/c) eyes to the front.

You two followed Narcissa to a part of the garden where you saw a man with blond hair standing next to a black horse. You smiled at this and then turned to look up at Severus who was already looking down at you "Surprise." he said in a low voice so Narcissa wouldn't hear him "Thank you." you said in the same tone of voice. You three arrived where the man was standing. "I'll leave you to it." Narcissa said before turning around and walking back to the house. "Severus." the man said "Lucius." was Severus' greeting.

"And you must be... Miss (y/n)" he said, turning down to look at you "Yes, a pleasure to meet you Mr. Malfoy." you said as you shook his hand "Well, I'll leave you both to it." said Lucius as he handed the reins of the black horse to Severus. He nodded at his friend and he walked back to the manor.

Severus looked down at you before saying "Are you sure you want to do this (y/n)?" your beautiful smile was enough to answer the Potions Master "Yes! I've always wanted to ride a horse." He raised an eyebrow at you "Very well then."

He helped you up from your chair and when you were already riding the horse, Severus started leading it around the big garden. You were smiling widely as the horse walked slowly through the grass "Can you let me ride it?" you asked Severus. He turned to look at you "Alright but be careful, especially with your feet." you nodded at him, still smiling. The Potions Master handed you the reins and you took a deep breath before making the beautiful black horse go a little bit faster.

You enjoyed the feeling of the wind on your face, making your (h/c) hair fly behind you. Then, you turned the horse and saw Severus standing in the middle of the garden, you smiled widely at him and rode back towards him. "I told you to not go too fast." he said in his stern voice. "Don't make a fuss about it Sev, come on, don't you want to ride with me?" you asked.

The black-haired man looked back at the manor but he didn't see neither Lucius nor Narcissa so when he turned his onyx eyes to you he said "Just one ride." you smiled even wider, if that was possible.

He got on the horse behind you, his large hands were on your waist that immediately made butterflies appear in your stomach and your cheeks to paint a slight shade of pink. With a swift movement, you made the horse run at a relatively small pace through the garden.

Your hair was flying wildly behind you but nothing in the entire world could wipe your smile from your face.

Then, you slowed down the horse so it was just walking around, you leaned your back on Severus' chest "It feels like flying." you said, gazing to the horizon "Yes." he replied shortly. Your wide smile was replaced by a soft one as you leaned on your lover, riding a horse in a beautiful sunset. "I love you." you said, turning to look up at him.

Severus' eyes bored into yours "I love you too (y/n)." His words were so transparent and genuine that they could have made you tear up from happiness. With his hands still on your waist, Severus leaned down to kiss you, which you gladly accepted. A smile was dancing on your lips as his lips were pressed to yours. Little did Severus and you know that a certain pureblood married couple was watching the both of you from one of the many windows of the manor.

You two parted from the kiss "Would you like to get back home?" he murmured, his chest vibrating with his deep voice. "No... I'd like to stay here just a little longer." was your answer as a sigh escaped your lips. Not even for a split second the thought of the curse crossed your mind.

You and Severus stayed there, as the horse walked around the garden, for god knows when. Suddenly, a chilly breeze hit you both, making you shiver slightly. "We should get going (y/n)... it's getting late." he said to which you nodded. Severus took the reins with one hand while the other was still on your waist, and he directed the horse where you left your chair.

He hopped off the black horse and helped you to get off it too. He carried you to your wheelchair and once he had settled you down and he made sure you were comfy enough, he saw Lucius walking towards you both. "Thank you Lucius." said your lover as he handed the blond man the reins of the horse. "It was my pleasure, Severus. It was nice meeting you dearest (y/n). You both can come any other time and have a cup of tea. I'm sure Narcissa would like that too." said Lucius Malfoy. "Thank you Mr. Malfoy, we will." you said politely "Ready (y/n)?" asked Severus, you nodded at him and he touched your chair, apparating you both back to Spinner's End.

When you opened your eyes again, you were back in Severus' living room "Thank you Severus. It was a magical experience." you said. He smiled at you, something you just got to see when you two were alone. "I enjoyed it too." he said.

"Are you hungry?" he asked you "Oh, yeah. Starving." he let out a deep chuckle as you stood up from the wheelchair and with him, walked towards the kitchen to go and get something to eat after a delightful evening.

1358 words

July/12/2021