Chapter 10 Amortentia

Three days later, you woke up to Madam Pomfrey saying that you were free to go but she reminded you that you can't get physically exhausted. You nodded at her words and, taking your things, you swung your bag over your shoulder. With a flick of your wand you were wearing your Ravenclaw robes and waving to Madam Pomfrey, you made your way to the D.A.D.A. classroom.

Entering the classroom, you spotted Celestia sitting at the very front of the room. You ran towards her, giving her a bone crushing hug "(y/n)! It's so good to have you back! How are you feeling?" she asked and you said while sitting down next to her "Thanks, I feel good now." she smiled at you "I'm glad to have my best friend back." you opened your mouth to tell her about Madam Pomfrey's warning but then, the door opened and in came the D.A.D.A. teacher and the lesson started.

That day went smoothly and by the end of it, you didn't feel as exhausted as you thought you'd feel.

You arrived at the Great Hall with Celestia to have dinner, you didn't have much of an appetite but you managed to eat some salad. Then, after your plate was empty you said to your friend that you'd be heading to your normal potions lessons. She just nodded at you and with a quick pace, you left the Great Hall and went down to the dungeons.

Once there, you knocked on the door and after hearing Professor Snape's response, you opened the heavy door and closed it behind you. "Good evening, sir." you said in a sweet voice

"Shouldn't you be in your common room, Miss (l/n)?" asked Snape, glancing over the papers he was grading. "I came for my tutoring, as always." you said shyly. He sighed, leaning back on his chair "I already taught you everything I know about potions so there is no need for you to come here after dinner. Besides, remember what Madam Pomfrey said, you shouldn't exhaust yourself."

"Don't you want me to help you with something?" you asked, making the Potions Master frown. "Didn't you hear what I just said?" he asked, a little annoyed. "Yes but... I like being here after dinner and...I'm feeling perfectly fine." he raised an eyebrow at your last statement "Please?" he sighed, thinking of what to say to you. "Alright, you'll help me brew some...Amortentia...as I have to teach some sixth year dunderheads about it tomorrow." you smiled widely at his answer and immediately went to grab the ingredients and a cauldron to make the potion.

You put all the ingredients in the cauldron, already by memory as you had brewed this potion many times. You didn't even have to get your notes out of your bag, and once you had all the ingredients in the mixture you started to stir the potion.

While Severus was finishing grading the last papers, an intense scent of flowers shampoo and vanilla attacked his nostrils, the Potions Master smelled the air again and he could also notice the smell of parchment and a light scent of roses. He looked at you who were still stirring the mixture

You were so concentrated in what you were doing that you didn't notice the pair of dark eyes observing you, suddenly a strong aroma got to you and, inhaling it, you smelled rain, grass, leather, old books and a faintest scent of cinnamon. You could also smell some men's cologne and different kinds of ingredients.

A small smile tucked at your lips as the familiar scent of the Potions Master got in your senses. You'd smelt amortentia before and the smell hasn't changed the slightest bit since your fourth year. You continued with the potion, finishing the process by putting it in small vials. You cleaned your table as well as the cauldron with a flick of your wand and, with the vials in your hand, you walked towards the teacher's desk and placed them in front of Professor Snape. "I'm done." you said proudly. Severus' obsidian eyes gazed at you from his papers and upon watching the viles and your enchanting smile, he said "Thank you (y/n)" your smile widened at his words. You turned on your heels and headed to your previous desk, sitting down and taking your notebook out, you continued writing your novel.

The black-haired professor stared at you for a couple of minutes before a silent sigh escaped his lips. He tried to continue grading his papers but the thought of you invaded his mind in a sweet way.

His eyes moved to you again, making sure you weren't glancing his way, Severus took one of the vials in his desk with the amortentia you just brewed and, taking the cork off of it, he inhaled the potion and once again, the captivating scent invaded his mind.

And in that moment, the so-called dungeon's bat knew that his heart was now in the hands of a certain Ravenclaw girl by the name of (y/n) (l/n). "I should get going, Professor." your voice made him step out of his trance as his eyes darted to your figure, packing your things in your bag and swinging it over your shoulder "Have a good night, sir." you said "Goodnight (y/n)" he responded which made you smile and without saying another word, you left his classroom, leaving Severus with his own thoughts.

'I need to tell her'

'I need to tell her before it's too late.'

He thought as the potion could still be smelled by him. 'She will not reciprocate me but I need (y/n) to know' those thoughts never left the Potions Master's mind throughout all night. 'I'll tell her on her graduation day.'

And with that, he tried to continue with his work with the girl still in his mind until he drifted to sleep on his bed late at night.