Chapter 3 Tears from the past

Days went by, your classes went smoothly and everything was fine, except that since that day when you woke up and had a wave of dizziness washed over you, you've had a minor headache everyday. You didn't pay much attention though, thinking that you were only stressed out with all the classes plus the graduation, so you just went with it and tried to live your life as normally as possible.

Today though, was a different day. You woke up just to notice that your headache was worse than last night. Ignoring it, you put on your robes and head out of the Ravenclaw common room and into the Great Hall, thinking that if you eat something, you'd feel better. But today, you weren't yourself, you didn't smile at your friends at the table, you barely spoke to anyone around you as you drank a cup of tea.

Exactly a year ago, you lost your parents as they were both Aurors. So today, you weren't in the mood to be cheerful and smiley as you usually were. Some kids asked you if you were alright but you simply ignored them, Celestia knew of what happened last year so she was the one who responded to those curious people messing around over other people's business.

You were thankful that Celestia did that for you and you made a mental note to thank her later. You stood up from the table but before you could start your way out of the Great Hall, you felt how someone grabbed your wrist. You looked down and saw Celestia was the one grabbing your wrist "I'm going to tell the teachers that you didn't feel well and I'll pass you my notes later, okay?" you smiled softly at her "Thanks Celesty. You really are the best best friend someone could have." she gave your hand a light squeeze "Don't get into trouble." she whispered and you nod.

With that, she let you go and you started to leave the loud place. Walking slowly around the castle, your headache almost disappeared. You continued to walk around until you made it to the courtyard. The cold air hitted you on the face, making your (h/c) hair blow softly. You took a deep breath and continued walking.

Your mind was blank, not a single thought crossed your mind until you arrived at the Black Lake. Standing there, you stared out at the distance as a single tear rolled down your cheek.

With a sigh, you took out your wand from your robe and conjured a small flower crown.

Then, you took off your silver locket with small diamonds on it and opened it.

Inside, you saw the moving photo of your parents with you on your fifteenth birthday, they were smiling at the camera while you made some sparks come out of your wand

Inside, you saw the moving photo of your parents with you on your fifteenth birthday, they were smiling at the camera while you made some sparks come out of your wand. A sad smile spread across your face as more tears clouded your vision.

The locket was your gift that day and you had worn it everyday, a sob escaped your lips as you clutched the locket in your chest.

You sniffled as you took the crown in your hands, placing it cautiously in the water you started to cry harder. "I love you mum. I love you dad." you said quietly, merely a whisper as you dropped the locket on the ground, you sank to your knees and cried in your hands, sobbing uncontrollably.

Hours passed, the sun was almost down when you decided it was time to get back to the castle. So, you stood up from the ground and without looking back, you started your way towards the castle.

Your steps were slow and heavy, as if you were walking in the snow, you entered the castle just to see that dinner was just starting but the thought of food made your stomach churn and you felt nauseous so you opted to just go to your dorm and sleep as you already lost an entire day of classes.

As you were walking down a corridor that leads to the entrance to your common room, with your head low, trying to hide your red eyes and stained cheeks, a deep voice sounded from the end of the hall "what are you doing here, wandering around the castle when it's dinner time?" You stopped dead in your tracks as you heard Professor Snape's angry tone. You didn't move, you didn't want to do this now, why can't he just let you be for one night?

At your nonexistent movement, he started to walk towards you, still not knowing that the student that he was scowling at, was the one he cared the most and not just as his student. His long strides carried him to your small form in a matter of seconds and now he was towering above you.

You could feel his burning gaze on your head "I didn't feel like eating, sir." you said, your head still hung low. A tear escaped your eye, landing on the cold stone floor.

Severus recognized your voice when you said those words, your voice sounded so broken that it pulled on his heartstrings to hear you in such emotional pain.

His dark eyes softened at you and with caution, he tilted your head with his large fingers so you were facing him. Your eyes met his, and you were able to see the concern in his onyx orbs "What's wrong (y/n)?" he asked in such a soft voice that it comforted you a bit. You closed your eyes and let some more tears roll down your cheeks.

What he did next, you would have never, not in your wildest dreams, imagine it. He wrapped his arms around you, embracing you in such a way that you've never felt safer. You cried silently in his chest and once you were able to form coherent words, you said. "I went to say goodbye to my parents." your voice cracked at the last word and he just hugged you tighter as you started to cry harder "You don't have to tell me anything, it's okay." his baritone voice made you calm down, taking a deep breath, you relaxed in his arms. You knew that you'll have some explaining to do eventually, but for now, everything was okay, and you felt happy for the first time that day.