Chapter 2 Tiredness

You opened your eyes just to see it's still dark outside, you tried to get back to sleep but it seemed like your mind was in another planet so, with a sigh, you get up from your bed but as suddenly as your bare feet touched the cold floor, a wave of dizziness washed over you. Shaking your head to try to get the feeling go away, you walked slowly towards the bathroom to get a nice and hot shower.

Later that day, you were sitting in the Great Hall having breakfast with Celestia and your other Ravenclaw friends, you tried to eat something but the mere thought of food made you nauseous, but still, you managed to eat some toasts and drink half of your goblet of pumpkin juice.

"(y/n), are you alright? you look paler than usual" said Celestia as you two walked to the D.A.D.A classroom, "I'm fine, I just have a little headache." you smiled softly at her "Maybe you should go to Madam Pomfrey." you shrugged and said "No, it's alright. I didn't sleep very well last night so that must be it, besides, we have a test today and I surely can't miss it."

Celestia rolled her eyes at your stubbornness but continued walking to the classroom by your side.

Your classes went relatively smoothly and by dinner you were actually hungry, so you stuffed yourself with some salad, chicken and mashed potatoes. The conversation with your friends went well, laughing and joking around. Though your unusual pale skin was still there, your headache was almost gone and you were sure that with some proper sleep you'd be fine and fresh for tomorrow.

You excused yourself from the Ravenclaw table after dinner and headed towards the potions classroom to have your lesson of the day. You arrived at the dungeons and knocked on the door but there was no response. You knocked again, a little louder this time, but there was still no response. You hesitated to enter or not without permission but decided on doing it anyway.

Opening the door, you noticed that the classroom was empty so you walked to the front row and sat there, putting your bag next to you. You waited around five minutes but then, you realised that maybe Professor Snape was still having dinner. So, to pass the time, you took out from your bag your notebook and continued writing the next chapter of a novel you started in your fifth year.

You'd always liked writing, it is a beautiful way to express yourself throughout another character's perspective. But in this case, you were writing a story from your own perspective and with your own experiences: a forbidden love story between a girl and a teacher. Featuring your perfect scenario with the man that stole your heart without knowing it.

You were so engrossed in the words that your quill was writing that you didn't hear the door open, you also didn't hear the footsteps that approached you from behind and you obviously didn't notice the man dressed in all black towering above you. "You were early." at the sound of Snape's deep voice you jumped and closed your notebook with a loud 'thud', praying that he didn't read your notes as they were practically based on him.

You looked up at him with a shy smile as he just raised an eyebrow at you. "Sorry, sir. It's just that I knocked and you weren't here so I decided to wait for you here instead of the corridor." he stared at your (e/c) eyes with his piercing onyx ones before saying "It's okay. Now, today you will not be brewing a potion, I'm going to tell you some important notes that you should know at the time when you do work on an advanced concoction." you nodded and took out another notebook to write everything down.

At some point, while he was saying something, a ringing filled your ears and some black spots started to appear in your vision. You tried to blinked them away as you wanted to know what Professor Snape was saying but it only made it worse. The ringing disappeared and you were able to hear again "Are you alright Miss (l/n)" said the Potions Master. You looked at him and with a tired smile you said "I'm fine, I'm just tired Professor." He looked at you with what could have been, worry? and said "Then we shall continue tomorrow. You look paler than usual, you should rest." you smiled gratefully at him as you standed up from your seat and started to make your way out of the classroom "Thanks, have a goodnight sir." he just nodded at you and you closed the door.

Back at your common room, you didn't even bother with doing some homework, you just went straight to your dorm, changed into some comfy clothes and collapsed on your bed, falling asleep immediately.

814 words