Chapter 37

Liam's P.O.V

It has been a two weeks since Dylan passed away. His funeral was a week ago and Cora fulfilled Dylan's request to not attend his funeral. Everyone else, including myself attended the funeral as to gave him our final respect and while we were away, we had Eleanor and Perrie to come over to look after Cora.

~ Flashback ~

"Time of death, 1:53pm," the doctor told one of the nurse.

"Nooooo!" Cora yelled as she shook Dylan's shoulder hard, "Wake up, asshole. Wake up!"

I pulled her by the arm only to be yanked away. Lucy was crying hysterically while Daisy just looked around, confused. Bryan gave me the look to pull Cora away from Dylan and I did. I grabbed her by her waist and hugged her tightly. She needs to let go of Dylan. Crying hysterically and terribly can't bring Dylan back. Cora hit my chest repeatedly in hope for me to let go of her but I only held her tighter.

She cried to my chest and murmured loudly, "I told you we shouldn't go home last night!"

I let her blabbered everything that she wanted, knowing that her emotions were obviously disturbed and she couldn't think properly. The doctor pushed Dylan's bed out of the room and Cora's knees went weak. If I wasn't holding her, she would have collapsed on the ground.

~ End of Flashback ~

Dylan's death was expected, but not in that way. Not after he really managed to give the most 3 important person of his life, his last speech and especially not right after Cora sang to him their favourite song.

Cora. She hasn't been herself since his death. She didn't stay at my place anymore. She was back in her room and just her room. She has been skipping school and she didn't even bother to take care of herself. I practically had myself moved in with Bryan even though our house were just a few footsteps away, to look after Cora. Everyday, before I go to work, I'd send in a glass of milk, a glass of plain water and a toast or either a bowl of cornflakes cereal.

But also, everyday when I got home from work, Angela would informed me the same thing which is, "She only finished up half of the plain water by lunch."

By lunch time, Angela would sent in something for her to eat but those foods would be left untouched. In the evening, I'd send in some other food to her room for supper but again, those foods would be left untouched, except for a glass of plain water. She was creating distance with everyone, including myself and her brother. I didn't let myself sleep in her room, knowing that she would not appreciate it, so I'll sleep on the couch. It's not really comfortable but I felt better when I'm at least near Cora if she would need anything.

It was Saturday and I don't have to go to work. Bryan had brought Angela out to shop for a little of baby stuffs. Leaving me in the living room and Cora in her room. The boys decided to pay Cora a visit and an hour after Bryan left, the boys appeared, together with Eleanor and Perrie.

"How is she, mate?" Louis asked as we all settled in the living room.