Chapter 32

Coralie's P.O.V

Liam should be home tomorrow and I can't wait to welcome him home. What could make everything else even special was that tomorrow's my birthday, 14th of September. But Liam didn't know about it. I guess we still have a lot to learn from each other. Liam hadn't respond with anything for my voicemail the other day and I can't help to think that he was angry at me for some reason.

Dylan was back home. A few days back, he insisted to be brought back home. He was getting a little weak and he didn't wanna undergo any therapy at all. No one could console him, not even me. With his condition, obviously he wasn't allowed to go home but he and his tantrums that nobody could control, the doctor let him off with a few rules to be followed. Someone has to keep an eye on him almost 24-7 and all the tubes and wires has to go with him.

But Dylan has been stubborn-headed lately. We were now back at his home and he started living freely like he wasn't sick. The tubes and wires were left untouched. He didn't want any wires attached to him and he has not been eating his medicine frequently. I understand that he didn't want to be treated like sick person but he was and he have to take care of himself. He kept telling me that he was going to die anyway and everytime he tells me that, I won't bother to listen to him.

I don't know how Liam was gonna accept this. He would always be my boyfriend and no, I'm not intending to leave him for Dylan. Dylan was my past and even know that I'm always by his side, that was because he needed me. He was true to me about his feelings. He was still in love with me and I can see that but I'll always felt guilty for not being able to return the feelings back. But nowadays, he acted like we're like how we used to be. He called me, babylove, the pet name he always used for me and goes all couply with me.

"Babylove, shall we go out today?" he asked, while we were on couch, together with Lucy and Daisy, watching Family Guy. Dylan rested his head on my lap on the love seat while Lucy and Daisy sat on the other couch.

"Dylan, you can't..." Lucy said but was interrupted when Dylan lifted one finger up to stopped his mom from talking.

I looked to Lucy apologetically and asked Dylan, "Where do you wanna go?"

He looked away as though thinking where we should go but Daisy chirped in and jumped to Dylan's lap, "Shall we go to the playground?"

I exchanged glances between Dylan and Daisy while Dylan just curved up the corner of his lips, smiling warmly to Daisy. Lucy on the other hand just shook her head in worry.

*****************************************************************

"Push harder Dylan!" Daisy yelled even though she was already swinging up high on the swing. I sat by the nearest bench as I watched Dylan entertained his sister.

I wasn't hoping but I can't help to think that if one day Dylan was gone, Daisy won't be able to have her time with his beloved brother anymore. Daisy won't have a guy in her family to warn or threaten her future boyfriends. Daisy was already raised without a father which I have no idea where he was and soon, she will have to grow up without a brother. I can't help to think that I will miss Dylan too if he was gone. Gone forever.