Chapter 25

Liam's P.O.V

I silently followed her up and hid myself in Niall's room because Cora would sleep nowhere else other than his room. I was doubtful of her. She would do anything to avoid me, and I'm not surprised if she did this time. I sat on the bed and in just a matter of minutes, Niall's room door cracked open and there she was, sneaking in the room. Silently, she closed the door and turned around to find me sitting on the bed. She flinched a little and started screaming while covering her face with her hands.

"I've told you not to avoid me," I spoke up.

She dropped her hands and looked at me in confusion, "Liam? What are you doing here?"

"You should meet me downstairs, not came in here."

She paused and started looking around the room before stuttering, "I err, I just....I wanted to get a hoodie. Yes! Because it might be cold downstairs. And, and you might probably need one too!"

I furrowed my eyebrows, knowing that she was lying but her excused does make sense. So I got up from Niall's bed and get into his closet. I found 2 hoodie lying on the floor and picked them up. I walked over to Cora while pulling one of the hoodie over me before pulling the other one over Cora's petite body. Then I grabbed her hand carefully and intertwined our fingers, "Come, we'll talk downstairs."

I led her down, not removing our intertwined fingers. I was glad and grateful that she didn't protest with my actions. We made our way back to the swing and again, I sat opposite her. Our hands were detached from each other when she got up to the swing first.

I pulled her hand back to mine and started rubbing the back of it with my thumb before I met her gaze. Softly, I asked, "Why do you avoided me?" Upon hearing that question, she tried to pulled her hand back but I held it tightly in mine, "Answer me."

"I'm not," she stated simply.

I chuckled cynically, "We haven't talk for about a week Cora and that's because you're avoiding me. The last calm conversation we had was when you came in my room to put Johnny in bed and took your teddy bear to Niall's. We didn't talk after that until that incident in the kitchen." We stayed silent for a moment before I continued, "Now tell me, were you or are you still mad at me?"

It took awhile for her to answer, doubtfully, "I guess so."

I smiled dryly before asking her, "Now honestly answer me, why?"

"Why are you asking me all this?" she almost snapped and pulled her hands away from mine. 

I pulled them back and caressed her cheeks, "Please, just answer me."

She pulled my hand away from her face and held them tightly, as though it was giving her some courage to answer my question. "I was having some illegal feelings in me."

I laughed at her answer and she quickly released my hands and wanted to get up. I placed a hand on her knees to stopped her. My laughter went dead and I searched for her eyes, "I'm sorry." The fact that I already know that she was having the same feelings for me like I did for her, really made me wanna laugh when she said it was just some illegal feelings.

"You know how much it kills me to not have talked to you for the whole of 1 week? Do you even have any idea how hurt it was to fight with you and raising voices at each other? It kills, okay. It kills me not talking to you. It kills me that you'd rather sleep with Niall than me. It kills me that you're avoiding me. It kills every single of me when you're acting that like you hate me," I paused. Her eyes had a little stagnant of tears and she was looking down at my hands that were placed on her knees.

I leaned forward and took her hands again in mine, "I'm sorry that it took me some time to have to say this. But," I paused, searching for her eyes, "I love you."