Chapter 38

Liam's P.O.V

Perrie and Eleanor came out of Cora's room not long after I brought drinks out for the boys. Eleanor had a scowl on her face and Perrie muttered some words that I couldn't hear. El sighed before putting on a smile and she was back to her normal sweet face. She was probably angry for the treatment she received from Cora but the Eleanor I've known is not those who gets offended so easily. She took a seat next to Louis and gulped down Louis' drink.

"Hey, that's my drink," Louis complaint. Eleanor shot him a look while I saw Perrie whispering something to Zayn. Harry, who was in between Zayn and Louis on the couch doesn't seem to care but then Zayn turned and whispered something to him. His eyes widened a little before nodding. Louis does the same thing after El had whispered something to him. What the...? Now they're keeping secrets from me?

"I think, we shall make our move," Zayn told me as he get up from the couch.

"Yeah, I kinda have a date with El tonight," Louis said next and winked towards Eleanor who smiled dryly to me.

"Since they're leaving, I guess I should leave soon. I didn't bring my car," Harry spoke and then called for Niall who were still in the kitchen, "Niall, we're leaving!"

Why do they suddenly wanna leave?

Niall came out of the kitchen with a piece of bread hanging in between his lips. "Why so fast?" he cried. Yes, why so fast?! Zayn shot him a look and being Niall, he obviously don't understand so he asked, "What?"

Hell, I don't even understand what is going on. Why do they suddenly wanna leave? Especially after El and Perrie got out from Cora's room? Okay, I get it if El and Perrie are offended with Cora's attitude but she pushed everyone away including myself. So why can't they understand? And then, god knows what they had told the boys and they're leaving as well. What now? Everyone wants to push me away, too?

"Alright mate, we'll see you on Monday," Harry said and made his way to the main door.

"Goodbye,"

"See you again,"

"Everything's gonna be okay, mate," Louis muttered as he gave me a hug. I hugged the rest of the boys before they left. I closed the door and grabbed the empty glasses from the boys' drinks and brought it to the kitchen. I turned on the tap water and started rinsing them.

I was rinsing the last glass when I felt a pair of arms wrapped my torso from the back. I was startled at whoever it may be since there was no one else in the house except for myself and Cora who always shut herself in her room. I heard a sob and instantaneously recognized it as my girlfriend's voice. I turned off the tap water and turned myself around in her arms. She hugged me tighter and buried her face in my chest.

I wrapped my arms around her back and told her, "Shhh.. It's okay."

I felt her arms around me even tighter and I tighten myself around her too. We remained like that for about half an hour or longer and I let her be. She needed the comfort and I wanted to be her comfort. She was tearing and sobbing and I wanted her to stop so I called her name softly, "Cora.."