Chapter 24

Liam's P.O.V

Cora told us to dropped the subject of the incident the other day. She was getting along with everyone. Everyone except me. She avoided my gazes and ignored almost every statement that I made. I have no idea how I should make it up to her. She was practically ignoring me, only me.

Everyone was up at the karaoke room including Cora after we all had dinner. I was at the couch, thinking that Cora would appreciate if I create some distance between us. She didn't told me but I'm not stupid, her actions said everything.

I didn't realized when Niall had came down and took a seat next to me with Johnny in his arms, "Why you didn't join us, mate?"

Niall is another issue. I know it's Cora's choice but she was getting all too close to Niall. During breakfast, Niall fed her. Cora's hand wasn't as strong yet and she told him that she could eat on her own but Niall insisted. I can't help but telling myself that it should be me. I also couldn't help to think that maybe, Niall must have some feelings for Cora and vice versa.

I sighed before answering Niall, "I don't know. I think I just need some space."

"Space? What for?"

"Just thinking about some things. Nothing concerned any of you," I lied, "Thanks for asking anyway."

Niall put Johnny down on the floor, surrounded with his toys before sitting back next to me, facing me, "Can we talk?"

"Yeah, sure."

"About something personal," Niall continued.

I paused for a moment, already feeling anxious and nervous of what he's gonna talk about. I can sensed that it's gonna be about Cora and the only thing that I don't wanna hear from him was how is he gonna ask Cora to go out on a date. I gained some courage from myself and finally said, "Of course."

"Do you love Cora?" Niall asked a few minutes later. His question got me off-guard. I know that it must be about Cora, but not about my feelings for her.

"How do you know?" I asked, a little too quickly and widened my eyes.

"So, you do," Niall stated with a smirk.

I furrowed my brows and said, "I didn't say that."

"Your question implied to it. Besides, everyone else in the room can see it. Everyone else, but her," he sang, from our number 1 hits, What Makes You Beautiful.

I looked to him with a mixed feelings. Glad that he knows that I love Cora but guilty at the same time because he was also feeling the same thing. I don't want him to pretend that he don't love her and give me the chance to be with Cora. Especially because Cora won't wanna be with me, after what I did to her.

"You love her too, right?" I finally asked him.

"Yeah," he said simply. I knew it before he continued, "As a sister." I glared at him for some period of time, trying to find the sincerity and honesty in what he had just said but he interrupted me, "So, when are you gonna tell her?"

So Niall really does know about it and I was now convinced that he's not having any feelings for Cora. I see no reason to reasoned anything to him anymore, "I don't know. You can see that she's avoiding me especially after I had beaten her up."

"You didn't do it on purpose and she already said that she wants to forget about it. And actually, she's not avoiding you because of that matter," Niall said. I frowned, not knowing what was it that he's talking about.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you remember anything about kissing Jesy a few days back?" Niall asked.