Chapter 31

Coralie's P.O.V

I've got a new routine since the first time I visited Dylan. Lucky me that I've finished all of my assignments. Every morning, I'll walk to Starbucks for a cup of coffee before to Lucy's and she will drove us all to the hospital.

Dylan hadn't show any progress of improving but the doctor has said that he has become a little much cheerful lately and Lucy thanked me as she claimed that I was the reason to the smile that Dylan had plastered on his face. I've got the explanations clear from Dylan, Lucy and the doctor as well.

When Dylan was a kid, he was never a strong boy who always faints even at the slightest thing. He needed blood transfusion and that exercise has been done for him a several times before he was fully strong and recovered from the faintings. Over time, those exercises has caused Dylan's to have Hepatitis C that leads to inflammation of the liver. It was supposed to be treated. But from Hepatitis C, it leads him to liver cancer. Sadly, it was almost at the last stage. Almost. Dylan has been going through chemotherapy but Lucy claimed that he would always argue whenever he have to undergo them as he said, he was going to die soon no matter what. There wasn't any heart found for him and chemo was the only choice the hospital have.

"Good morning," I chirped happily as I entered his room.

"Good morning," he responded with a smile as he lounge lazily on the bed. That smile I used to melt for. A part of me would always love him but I know I have Liam now. Be whatever the reason to why Dylan broke our relationship, my feelings are so much stronger for Liam, now.

"Mom, do you think Cora and I could go out for awhile?" He asked.

"You're not well, son. Even if the doctor allows you to go out, I won't," Lucy answered sternly.

Suddenly, Dylan started throwing tantrums. Daisy was with Sarah at home and I was grateful that she won't have to see her brother showing a fury attitude. "Stop treating me like I'm sick! Yes I am. I can die anytime. I just want to live the remaining of my life," he yelled and waving his hands around, causing the tubes that were attached to his body to moved and some small machines to fall.

Lucy stopped him by placing her hands on his chest but he pushed her hands away. Some nurses were already in the room but no one dared to go to him. I needed to do something so I placed both of my hands, firmly on his shoulder and slammed my lips to his. We stayed like that until I felt his body relaxed and his arms went to the back of my head to push me down.

I ruffled his hair lightly before pulling away to catch my breathe. We looked into each other's eyes as we both tried to catch our breathes. "I'll convinced them to let you go out. But you will have to promised me not to show tantrums to anyone, anymore. You're frightening everyone, especially Lucy."

He nodded and his hands immediately found Lucy's and he apologized. I watched them and my mind goes to Liam. I felt guilty for kissing Dylan but I was so sure it was the only way to calm him down. Speaking of Liam, I haven't talk to him for a week already. I was busy with Dylan that I had sort of neglected him. I would always check if I had missed calls from him but I won't call him back as to afraid that I might disturb his work time especially with the time differences that we're facing now.