012

Xinyi's POV

"Look Miss Pei, all of the workers here are not allowed to go home. They need to work and stay here unless we asked them to stop or fire them. If we allowed you to go to the city every once a month, it's unfair for the other workers here. They have been here for how many years but we never heard them complaining about this. As long as their family receives their salary, they're fine." Mrs. Chen argues.

It's still unfair. We need some break too right?

"Fine, noted. Just promise me to let me know if they already received my salary" I demand. Mrs. Chen nod.

"Okay, back to our topic" Mrs. Chen reminds.

"third is always be attentive. If I call you, please come immediately. I will only give you 10 minutes to come here" she command.

"Lastly, don't try to touch or move any things here in Asylum. Some of them are sensitive, that's why if you're not allowed to hold them, don't hold it" Mrs. Chen continues.

"And here are some reminders. This is the most important reminder that you need to follow" I listen to her carefully.

She sounds so serious.

"Don't ever try to make a long conversation with the patients. You are only allowed to be in their room for at least 20 to 30 minutes. Never answer those questions they've asked unless it's about their medicine or foods. If they ask you about your details or what happening outside their room or outside Asylum. Don't answer it"

Well, I'm confused, why I'm not allowed to answer those kinds of questions? I mean they're people too. They need to know what's happening outside their rooms.

I sigh and nod. I badly want to ask some questions about this but I'm afraid that Mrs. Chen might find it offensive or something like that.

"Also don't listen to what they said. Sometimes they're trying to manipulate you. Don't do it. If you followed them, it means they're controlling you. That's why don't... Just don't" I nod again trying to remember every detail that Mrs. Chen said.

"Lastly, don't ask about their past."

Well, that's hit differently. I badly want to know how they become like that but I'm not allowed to know it...

Why? Just why?