002

Xinyi's POV

Should I accept it or reject it? Should I go ahead and do it?

But I have to do it for the sake of my family.

"Sure, Mrs. Chen." I said. She gives me a friendly smile.

"Our asylum, WayV Asylum, is one of the most hideous asylums in our country. If you think you'll be taking care of ordinary patients, you're wrong. They're different from what other people see, which is why I urged you to be prepared because it's not that easy." She explains.

Would you believe me if I told you that I'm curious about the patients at WayV Asylum?

"May I ask to what type of patients-" Mrs. Chen abruptly cut me off.

"They're dangerous." She adds.

"But that's all you need to know for now. All of your questions concerning the patients will be addressed when we get to the asylum. I hope you're ready."

"Sure, I'm sure I'll be alright there, despite your warning that they're dangerous" I reply. She chuckled.

"You'll be fine, just be cautious."\

"Anyway, here are my documents." I say as I hand her my employment documents.

"I don't require that. All I require is a graduate student who is willing to stay in the asylum." She stated. I nod and stuff my papers back into my bag.

"Let's go? My car's over there." She says, and I just grin and follow her.

We got into her car, and I realized there was another person with us. I believe he is the guard.

"By the way, take a nap first. We have a long travel ahead of us." Mrs. Chen says.

This is it, there's no turning back. This is something I need to do for my family.

I was startled when the car came to a complete halt. I take a glance around me. It's densely forested. Are we in the forest?

"We're here." Mrs. Chen informs. I hop into her car and retrieve my belongings. I take a glance around me. I'm not sure, but it appears that we're in a forest. I also have no idea how long I've been sleeping or what time it is.

"Follow me." Mrs. Chen commands. I follow her right away. We also walked for a long time and the road we were on became darker as we progressed.

It's quite creepy.

"We've arrived." Mrs. Chen stated. I examined the large grey gate in front of me. As we enter the building. Mrs. Chen suddenly looks at me.

"Miss Pei, welcome to WayV Asylum."