011

Xinyi's POV

"So finally, we're done visiting all the patients. Any questions? " Mrs. Chen asked.

"Nothing," I in answer. She nods while grinning.

"Let's go to my office, I have some rules and reminders for you before you head to your room and have some rest." Mrs. Chen adds.

She instructed me to sit down when we got to her office.

"Listen carefully, Xinyi." She handed me a folder from her desk. "You have very little job to accomplish; simply take care of them. Please follow your schedule." I opened the folder and decided to take a look at my schedule. The time I will give them food and medicine is already specified here. Nothing further.

Weird.

"As you can see, your only responsibility is to provide them with food, necessary medications, and other necessities; maintaining an eye on their daily health is no longer your responsibility." Well, it's good to know that it's not that difficult because according to what Mrs. Chen used to wan, those patients are dangerous and I need to be careful.

"Here are some rules here." Mrs. Chen continues and sits in her chair. "First of all, you are not authorized to go to any rooms here aside from your room, the patient room, and my office. However, you are only allowed to enter my office if I say so. Do not attempt to enter any of the other rooms here as you are not permitted to do so; only the respective workers are permitted to do so." she instructed.

"Second, if you are lost or need some help, just call us. Every corner of this asylum has a telephone for emergency purposes. Here is my telephone number in case you get lost or need some help, and I will send someone to guide or aid you right away." Oh, they have a telephone here? Does it mean there is a signal here?

"Oh, there's a signal here? I was unable to access the signal in my room earlier---"

"Just like you said, there's no signal here. Those telephones are for asylum only." Mrs. Chen interrupts.

"So how can I get in touch with my family?" I pondered. She sighed.

"We'll let you visit the city at least twice during this month because it's your first time here, but after that, you can't leave the asylum anymore."

"What!?"

-