ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛʀᴀɴɢᴇ ɴᴇᴄᴋʟᴀᴄᴇ

Start from the beginning

Razor watched as she gathered the (h/c) locks of hair into a loose hairdo without a band of sorts. He couldn't help but wonder how it held together by itself.

"...I wait here," He said. "...Wait for you."

"Okay," She nodded. "I'll try to be fast."

The young woman now stood outside the warm tavern her seemingly favorite redhead tended to. The building loomed over her, and after a while, it stopped looking so foreign after a few visits since the first.

She took in a deep breath, using a hand to push through the wooden door.

Hot air touched her skin first, and she could already feel the back of her neck starting to break a sweat. Her (e/c) eyes darted around, eventually finding themselves hovering over a familiar face.

Diluc wiped away at a clear glass he held with a rag, his eyes locked down and minding his own business. He must've felt a strange chill fill the air, for he glanced up, his eyes slightly widening upon meeting hers.

(Y/n) greeted him with a smile as she treaded closer towards him.

"Diluc," She began.

He gave her his full attention by settling down the cup in his hand. "(Y/n)."

"Listen," She began. "I was wondering if you happened to know where they sell those strings you use for necklaces."

The man's pupils glanced to the side momentarily as he pondered. "I'd say your best chance would be the jeweler Marjorie," He said. "You can find her across from another tavern. It'll have a sign outside labeled Cat's Tail."

(Y/n) nodded as she took mental note. "Also, before I forget," She pulled out a small pouch of mora. "I hope this is enough to pay for whatever damage Venti caused."

But the man shook his head in disapproval.

"You shouldn't have to pay for his mistakes," Diluc explained.

"We look out for each other," (Y/n) quickly explained. "I really don't mind at all."

The redhead merely crossed his arms over the other, as if that'd help him study her better from behind the counter where he stood.

"Next time you stop by, I'll give you any drink on the house," He said.

(Y/n) blinked her eyes a few times. "Are you serious?" She asked. "But, I haven't done anything."

A subtle smile crept onto his face, betraying every part of him that wanted to refrain from doing so. "For your troubles," Diluc explained. "I can't imagine having to deal with that bard on a daily basis."

"Anyway, you should really head off now before it gets any later," He said.

(Y/n) nodded. "...You're right," She said. As she took a few steps back to turn around, she let a few words slip from her tongue. "I'll hold you to it then!"

Diluc watched as she rushed out of his tavern leaving nothing, not even the warmth she carried with her.

There was a vintage brooch at the window she could see from inside Marjorie's store. It was held by small, handmade chains. With tiny rhinestones around the amber-colored stone.

It reflected the sun's hues beautifully, casting off a somber gold glow to whoever stood in its wake.

"Do you see something you like?" Marjorie asked from the opposite end of the room. She looked through an assortment of links, eyeing the different clasps at the ends of each one.

(Y/n) looked over her shoulder. "This brooch here. It's quite lovely."

Marjorie looked up from the mess on the counter. "Ah, that brooch," She has this subtle smile. "It's been on display for such a long time. Can't sell the damn thing." Her head lowered as she continued to look for a strong link.

"...Why not?" (Y/n) asked.

The woman sighed. Her elbows leaned against the counter, her head faced upward. "No one has need for such a thing here unless you're an aristocrat," She explained. "And even they don't traverse these parts of Mondstadt for a leisure activity."

"You can take it if you like," She said. "I won't be able to sell it anyways."

(Y/n) glanced back at the piece. "Are you sure?" She asked. Looking towards Marjorie, an uncertain look adorned her face. "It's awfully beautiful to be given away like that."

Marjorie shook her hands. "If you hadn't asked about it I would've most likely encouraged the next person to do the same."

The jeweler stepped from behind the counter, giving (Y/n) a nod of approval as she took the brooch from its display. She then motioned for her to follow, stepping back behind where she then fixed it into a small black box.

Marjorie set it aside, then turning her attention to the links laid strewn across the surface. "I found a few that might hold the necklace you were talking about together," She said. "You said it was heavy, right? Maybe this one would be best." Her finger pointed to the one she mentioned.

(Y/n) glanced down at the dark link, eyeing the shiny clasp at the ends. She then smiled, asking, "How much for this one, then?"

TWENTY FOUR