ɢᴏᴅ ᴏꜰ ꜰʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ

Start from the beginning

"Become my disciple," He spoke. "I swear to you your burdens will become half of mine."

(Y/n) stared wide eyed at him. "...What can you see?" She asked.

Venti glanced down, his eyes seemingly glossing over something she couldn't visibly catch sight of.

His grip loosened, and she held on even tighter.

He must've realized how hazy he was getting, as his wings gently positioned themselves to descend the two back onto the earth.

When their feet hit the ground, (Y/n) caught hold of him before he could stumble to his feet. She felt when a wing of his brushed against her back as they shut close, a few long feathers dragging against the dirt floor.

Venti was sprawled across her bed, his legs entangled in the sheets she had laid perfectly beforehand. (Y/n) loomed over him, her eyes wandering the feathers that lay astray where those magnificent wings of his used to be.

She picked one up, admiring its silver stem.

Unbeknownst to her, Venti's eyes gently fluttered open. They darted across the room before eventually falling over her figure that stood nearby, a small smile forming on his lips.

(Y/n)'s attention moved past the feather and towards his face. "Diluc was right," She spoke nonchalantly. "You are quite the trouble, Barbatos."

Venti mustered up the strength left in his body to sit up. With a short peal of laughter, he then debriefed. "What makes you say that?" He asked.

The woman gestured towards the feather in hand. She wagged it at him, "You're a literal god. And you're acting rather calmly for someone who's just revealed themself."

The bard yawned. "I don't really care who I tell," He rested his chin against his crossed arms, which in turn lay above an upright knee. "But that doesn't mean I don't choose wisely."

"Why tell me then?" She asked. "I'm not- There isn't a good reason for you to have revealed yourself to me."

Venti cocked his head to the side. "Well, you've been nothing but a kind person to me since we met," He began. But then, he glanced down at the sheets, a hand pinching at the wrinkles. "A kind person who went through all the trouble of keeping me, a nobody, safe."

He glanced into her eyes. Those (e/c) stained eyes of hers that were a magnetic force to all who caught her gaze.

(Y/n) has this pensive look. She wasn't sure what to make of the situation.

"You asked me to become your disciple," She spoke. "Why?"

The bard then extended his hand for her to take, a confident look adorning his expression.

"Freedom is a natural gift to us all," He said. "I just want to help you achieve yours."

(Y/n) kept her eyes on him.

There was definitely something he could see that she couldn't.

"What do you say?" His hand beckoned her to take it.

Well, she didn't have much left to lose.

The young woman glanced down at his palm, her gaze traveling the curves and lines of his skin. She reluctantly hovered hers over his, feeling his fingers and she slid her hand into his.

Without warning, the ends of his braids and eyes flared up in an instant. Followed by a sudden breeze that rattled the nearby windows open.

It swept through her hair, passing by her eardrums and enveloped strongly between their joint hands. With her free hand, she shielded her face, a bit alarmed from the sudden chaos.

The only thing she could clearly make out were the next few words that left the bard's lips.

"The winds will coerce those who mean you harm," He spoke. "You have my word."

TWENTY THREE