ᴛɪʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀɴᴛᴇʀɴꜱ ʙᴜʀɴ ᴏᴜᴛ

Start from the beginning

As soon as the two passed the lackies, (Y/n) had the strangest feeling course through her veins. She lowered her head, allowing a large portion of her hair to fall over her shoulder and shield her face. And were it not for the fact she felt as though someone was watching her, her heart wouldn't have begun to beat so rapidly.

Zhongli took notice of how rather timid she became. "...Are you alright?" He asked her.

(Y/n) flashed him a reassuring smile. "I'm fine. Let's just keep going."

"I've never been here before," (Y/n) commented. "Where are we?" She followed the man towards a few stairs that lead to an overlook of the harbor.

"The northwestern side of Liyue harbor," Zhongli explained. "Yujing Terrace."

(Y/n) glanced from his face towards the view, her eyes slightly widening.

The streets were filled with little lights scattered about. It was so dark, the shadowy figures of people passing by could only be seen when crossing the flickering glow.

Locks of (h/c) hair were tousled by a gentle breeze. They were brushed forward, obscuring her view.

(Y/n) used a hand to move them from her face. "This is quite the sight," She said. "The entire harbor looks absolutely gorgeous."

"Keep your eyes to the sky," Zhongli nodded upward.

A loud eruption of sparks suddenly engulfed the city.

(Y/n)'s eyes reflected the dazzling skies, keeping close detail of the vibrant colors that filled the heavens. But there were so many, it was impossible to look at each and every one individually.

After what seemed like forever, Yun Jin came to Zhongli's mind.

"The invitation to the Heyu Teahouse, would you still like to attend?" He asked.

The loud explosions of glittering fireworks continued as he waited for a response. Though, it never came.

"...(Y/n)?" He glanced down where she stood. But the only thing that greeted him in her place was the delicate lily he had placed behind her ear previously.

The flora—resting upon the cold, white cement—watched as the man's eyes darted towards every direction in alarm. It lay there in silence, the sound of his footsteps vanishing to look for his dear friend.

A thin connection tugged at the exorcists' heart. He snapped his gaze over his shoulder, his legs stiff against the stool he sat on.

"Chongyun?" His dark haired friend leaned closer towards him. "Is something the matter?"

The exorcist furrowed his brows in confusion. "...I thought I felt something," He admitted. "But perhaps it was merely a figment of my imagination."

The two turned back towards the meals sitting across the stand, each grabbing their preferred utensil to indulge themselves in the appetizing gastronomy. But Chongyun found himself disturbed, unable to eat the cold dish when the connection felt closer.

Once more, he peered over his shoulder, catching sight of the familiar (h/c) locks of hair. His eyes traveled down her figure, towards her arm which was held tightly by someone else. He thought nothing more of it until he realized she was stumbling over her feet, trying to push away the man holding onto her.

Without second thought, his body jolted from the stool, his ankle red and pounding from hitting the bottom support beam abruptly.

Xingqiu, who was rather startled, gracefully followed after him, excusing their intrusion as they cleaved through the crowd. He kept a close eye on the exorcist, who maneuvered through the bodies of people rather sloppily.