241: The One With The Prodigy

CHERYL POV:

Toni and I walk downstairs into the Speakeasy and sit down at the bar. "What can I do for you guys today?" Fangs ask quietly. "Can I have a beer?" Toni ask. He nods. "Which one?" He ask. "I don't care." She says quietly. Fangs grabs a beer and gives it to Toni. "Hey, is anyone using the Piano?" She ask. "No." She nods and gets up. I shrug. "What do you want Cheryl?" Fangs ask quietly. "Some wine." He nods. "Usual?" I nod. He pours me a glass when we hear Toni playing the Piano. I look at Fangs. "Did you know she could play?" He ask quietly. "I- kinda. Not this good!" I say quietly. He nods. Toni looks up confused. "What?" She ask quietly. "Since when can you do that?" I ask confused. She shrugs. "My mom put me in Piano lessons when I was 3 up until like 6 months ago when I finally turned 18 and my mom had no say in what I do." She says quietly. "We've been together for 2 years and you now mentioned that?" I ask. "I told you I was doing that." She says quietly. "Not like that!" She smiles. "Sorry!" She says quietly. She kisses me. "I probably could have woo'd you faster that way." She says jokingly. "Oh shit my beer!" She goes and grabs it. "Still a bumbling idiot though!" I say quietly. "I heard that!" She shouts. "You're not wrong though." She says walking over to me. She smiles. "I love you." I say quietly. "I love you too baby." She says quietly. "You guys are gross." Fangs says. "Thank you." I smile.

I walk into the kitchen. "Is there any other instruments you can play that I didn't know of?" I ask quietly. "Um... well, I played drums for a while but it wasn't really my thing. I can play bass, electrical and upright. Oh! I can play the recorder!" Toni says quietly. "Why aren't you a musician? Like making records and shit!" She shrugs. "I never really wanted to." She says quietly. "I picked up the both of the basses so my mom would take me out of Piano lessons! She kept me in them! Same with drums! I just kept trying to pile instruments on myself until she couldn't afford all of this! Obviously it didn't end well. Now I play a like- like 5 instruments that I never wanted to." She explains. "So why did you go over to the piano if you hated playing." She shrugs. "I was bored." She says quietly. "Also I thought it would maybe turn you on a bit." She jokes. "Yeah?" She nods. "Well, it worked!" She smiles. "Well, let me finish making dinner, than we can eat, than for dessert, we can go lay by the fire and have some fun." She says quietly. I kiss her and bite her lip. "Oh! It's one of those nights." I nod. "I'm ok with that." She says before pulling me into a kiss. I smile. "When is dinner gonna be done anyways?" She shrugs. "If you helped a bit soon. If not... actually it would still be soon, I'm almost done!" She says quietly. "I'm waiting for the chicken to be done, and I'm still waiting for the pasta to finish cooking or whatever it does." She says quietly. I smile.

"Yeah, I will." I hear Toni say on the phone. "Yeah mom. Don't worry, i'll get dad." I take a deep breath. "Bye." She hangs up. I slowly walk into the room. She looks at me. "I don't want to talk about it." She says quietly. "You know she's the reason I'm depressed and have anxiety!" She says. I look at her. "I thought we weren't talking about it?" She looks at me. "You know that's never true." I nod. "Yeah." I smile. "I don't know." She says. "Where are you taking your dad?" I ask quietly. "Home from the psych ward." She whispers. "It's been 90 days!" She says pretending to sound happy. "I know I said I wanted to have se-." I stop her. "We don't have to." I say quietly. She nods. I kiss her. "I love you." I whisper. She smiles. "I love you too." She kisses me.