203: The One Where Toni Doesn't go to Work

TONI POV:

I walk out of the back. I see Veronica standing at the counter. "Oh my god!" I whisper walking back into the back. "Fangs!" I almost yell. "What?!" He ask standing up. "Veronica is back!" I say. "Well, take her order, I can't do it right now." He says. I walk out. "Hi! Welcome to Pops-." She interrupts me. "I know, I used to own this place." She says. I take a deep breath. "What do want?" I ask. "Do you know who I am?" She ask pissed. "Veronica, I went to high school with you." I say quietly. "No we didn't." She says. I nod. "You bullied me and caused me to move schools before I killed myself. Than you became self centered celebrity who came to her hometown because she got fired from a big show because she bitched her way home and needs to lose that big show to come to the realization that she needs to be humble every once in a while." I explain. She looks at me. "You can leave now." I say trying not to cry. "Are you going to take my order?" She ask quietly. "Are you gonna realize what hell you put me through?!" I ask almost yelling. "What you have put so many people through!?" I take a deep breath. "Get out before I call the police!" I say calmly. "Fine! But this isn't over!" I nod.

CHERYL POV:

"Toni! I'm home!" I yell. No response. "Toni?!" I call out. I sigh and go upstairs. I go into our room and see her lying on the bed. I sit down on the bed. "Long day?" I ask. She nods. "Veronica is back in town for the holidays." She whispers. My heart drops. "I'm sorry." I whisper rubbing her back. She rolls over and looks at me. I wipe her tears. "She's gotten worse." She whispers. "Fame has gotten to her head?" She nods. "Do you want to get up?" I look at her. She shakes her head. "I just need to lie down for a bit." I rub her back. "Just make sure you eat something." I say quietly. "And drink some water." She nods. "And take a shower at least once every couple of days." I add. "Cheryl, can you just get me my anxiety meds?" I look at her. "Please, b-before I have another panic attack. I was able to get myself to calm down last time. I don't think I can do it again." I nod.

"This will make you feel better." I say rapping  her weighted blanket around Toni. "The pressure might help you." She rub her back as she tries to slow her breathing. "Sit up and face me." I whisper. She sits up and faces me. I take her hands and put them up to my chest. "Breathe with me." I whisper. We both take a deep breaths. "It's ok! It's not going to hurt you." I remind her. "You're ok!" She lies into me. After about an hour she finally calms down. I rub her back as she falls asleep.

"What happened?" I ask storming into Pops. "No! How did you let this happen!" I yell. Fangs looks at me confused. "What are you talking about?" He ask quietly. "Toni! She can't get out of bed!" I yell pissed. "Veronica came in here! I didn't know!" He says quietly. "That's a lie! You told her to stop being pussy and take her order." He looks down. "I was in the middle of something and couldn't do anything about it!" He says quietly. "Veronica could have waited!" He nods. "I'm sorry." He whispers. "That's it?" He shrugs. "I don't know what to say or do!" He says quietly. "If you do something like this again! I will make sure your head is on a stick." He nods. "Of course." He whispers. "Now if you would excuse me, I'm going home because I want the Pizza in my car!" I walk out and go home. Toni walks downstairs rapped in a blanket. "Did you rip Fangs a new one?" I nod. She sighs. "I just wanted Pizza." She whispers. "Stop picking at your lip." I say pulling her hand away from her face. I walk closer to her and cup her cheek. "Can I eat the pizza?" She ask quietly. "Yeah!" She goes over to it and I grab a plate for her. "Try to be civilized." I look at her.

"Do you want to go back to work today?" I ask Toni. She looks at me. "What if I see her again?" She ask almost crying. "I-I don't-I don't know baby." I look at her. "You'll have to go back to work." She nods. "Maybe tomorrow." She says lying back down. "I have to go to work. Your meds to calm you down are in the bathroom in the cabinet on the left, top shelf!" She nods. "Thanks." I kiss her cheek and leave.

I walk into the register. "You ok?" Betty ask quietly. "Veronica is back in town and Toni can't get out of bed." I say. "Oh my god! Is she ok?" She ask concerned. "She will be! She got out of bed for a bit yesterday but it was for some pizza." She shrugs. "Probably worth it." I nod. "Definitely." I smile. "She's doing better though!" I say. "She's considering going back to work tomorrow." I explain. I look at Betty. "What do you need done today?" I ask changing the subject. "I just need you to edit the article I wrote for tomorrow. I'll give you more work later." I nod. "Cool."