315: The One Where She Stops Forever

CHERYL POV:

I walk into the house. It's quiet like usual, I hate it. I walk into the kitchen. I look up and see Toni. "You're- you're home." She nods. "Yeah. I have a couple days off, decided to come home." She whispers. I run over to her and hug her. "Holy shit I've missed you." I whisper. She kisses me.

I look at Toni. "How was it?" I ask quietly. "Good." She says not so confidently. "You don't seem to sure about that." I whisper. She shrugs. "It's quiet when you're not there. It's hard looking out in the audience and not seeing you there." She tells me. "I'm sorry I couldn't go." She shakes her head. "It's fine." She says sadly. "When are you going back out?" I ask quietly. "I'm leaving Thursday to head to Washington for a show on Saturday." She says quietly. "When can you come out?" She ask smiling. "I'll be there for Madison Square Garden." I tell her. She smiles. "Can we go to Pop's?" She ask quietly. "I've missed that almost as much as you." We both laugh quietly. "If not more?" I joke. "Definitely." She smiles. "I got like a different burger in every city I went to and nothing compared to Pop's." She explains. We both laugh. "We can go. I think there's some people will be happy to see you." I tell her. "Is the wyrm still a thing?" She ask quietly. "Yeah. It's just not where it was." I say quietly. "I've been gone 6 month!" She whispers. "I know. Fast turn around time." She nods. "Where is it now?" I ask quietly. "You'll see."

We walk into Pop's. "Toni?" We look up and see Veronica. "Hey." She smiles. They hug. We sit down. "What do you want?" Veronica ask smiling. "Burger." Toni says smiling. "Like 3 of them." She adds. Veronica nods. "Of course." She smiles. "3 burgers?" I ask quietly. She nods. "Ok. Do you want to go downstairs?" I ask quietly. "What's down there?" She ask confused. "You'll see." We get up and go downstairs. "Woah!" She smiles. "Toni Topaz?" Fangs ask smiling. The bar goes quiet. "Hey." She smiles. "This place is nice." She says quietly. "Yeah."

"Is she ok?" Veronica ask motioning to Toni. "I don't think so, she never comes home a surprises me like this." I tell her. "She's never had too, usually you're on tour with her." She says quietly. "I think this is more though. When we were talking earlier she didn't seem happy about going back out on the road." I explain. "Really?" I nod. "She's depressed. I can tell."

I look at Toni as she walks out of the bathroom. "You ok?" She shakes her head. "I don't think I can go back on tour." She whispers about to cry. I get up and walk over to her. "I can't." She whispers. "You can." She shakes her head. "Can you come with me?" I shake my head. "You know I can't. I'll be there for you next week and every date after that." She smiles. I wipe her tears. "You have another month of touring and yoy have as much time off, to sit at home, work on music and chill as you want. And be with your favorite person in the world." I tell her. She smiles. "I can't believe the label agreed to this." She whispers. "But they did." I wipe her tears.

TONI POV:

I look out at the empty stadium and take a deep breath. I walk back to my green room. "You ok?" Cheryl ask quietly. "I can't go out there tonight." I whisper. She looks at me. "I can't." I tell her. "Please don't make me." I say starting to cry. "Please!" I beg. She pulls me into a hug. "You can do this." I lie down on the couch. "I don't want to." I tell her. "You do this every night and you have the best time out there." I shake my head. "I hate it. I want a life." I tell her. "I want a private quiet life away from people." I whisper. "I want to be me, not whatever people think I am!" My manger walks in. "Toni you have an in-." I stop her. "Get out! I'm not doing anymore! Come in here one more time and you're fired!" I yell. "I'm sorry." I say quietly. "I need to be alone."

I walk out of the bathroom. "You ok?" Cheryl ask quietly. "I never want to go on tour again. I never want to preform a song in front of anyone ever again." I tell her. She nods. "Can you still sing for me?" She ask stepping closer. "Ok, I never want to preform in front of anyone I'm not married to again." I clarify. "What do you want to do first?" She ask quietly. "It's a nice day, can we sit by the pool and relax?" She nods. "I was hoping you'd say that." I smile. "Come on." We go outside and sit by the pool. "I thought you enjoyed preforming?" I shake my head. "I'm burnt out." I tell her. "I have a panic attack every time I go on stage.
You being there made it easier but I still felt like I was doing something wrong." I explain. "I felt like I was failing everyone." I whisper. "I don't want to do that." She nods. "You don't have to anymore."