349: The One Where They Just Talk

TONI POV:

"You became a psychologist because of me?" I ask looking at Cheryl. She looks at me. "Yeah. Kinda." She says quietly. "I didn't want kids to have the childhood either of us had." She says quietly. "I wanted kids to know and feel like they could succeed and their parents or whoever they were living with and having issues with were wrong." I smile. "Even though we broke up?" She nods. "Yeah." She says quietly. I look at her. "You ok?" She ask quietly. I nod. "Yeah! Just tired." She nods. "How was collage for you?" She ask quietly. "I dropped out by Christmas of freshman year." I say quietly. "After I gave up my spot for you?" I nod embarrassed. "Why?" She ask concerned, not mad like I thought she would be. "I got really depressed." I whisper. "I didn't go to many of my classes because I was depressed and wouldn't leave my bed." I tell her. "I'm sorry you could have taken the opportunity." I whisper. "You getting help?" She ask quietly. I nod. "You doing better?" I nod again. "Yeah." She smiles. "That's good." She says quietly. "You're not mad?" She shakes her head. "Honestly I really didn't want to go there! That's why I gave it up so easily. I just wanted to go there to spite my mom." I smile. "How long have you been back for?" She ask quietly. "A week. I was kinda afraid to see you." I whisper. "I thought you'd hate me." She shakes her head. "I know we aren't together anymore but I would never hate you." She says quietly. "Where were you if you dropped out so quickly?" She ask quietly. "Ah! I traveled. My dad left me some money and I wasn't gonna use it on college so I just took my bike, some clothes and my camera and traveled around the states and Canada." I tell her. "For 6 years?" I nod. "Pretty much yeah! I have friends and family who let me crash with them for a while. I would stay places for a couple weeks to a month." I explain. She nods. "Serpents?" I nod. "Yeah! You know, once a serpent always a serpent blah blah blah!" I tell her. "Even though Jughead kicked you out?" She ask quietly. "Might have left that detail out and also my great grandfather founded the serpents so I'm better than him." I say quietly.
"He's a published author." She says quietly. "Ok? So are you! Doesn't make him special." She smiles. "You still hate him." I smile. "I hope he falls down a flight of stairs and can never walk or type again." I say pissed. "You read his book?" I nod. "Yeah. He's not original with him names." I say annoyed. "I mean he would write weird fanfictions about our lives..." I say quietly. "Yeah! This is like 50 shades of gray." I look at her confused. "Do you not know the 9/11 to 50 shades of gray pipeline?" She says sitting up. I shake my head. "Ok! So Gerard Way from My Chemical Romance saw 9/11 happen and essentially had midlife crisis about what he was doing with his life so he creates My Chemical Romance! The author of Twilight, I don't know her name, liked their music so much so made Twilight based/inspired by their music. The author of 50 Shades Of Gray made a fan fiction off of Twilight and it became popular so she changed the names and stuff and turned it into the monstrosity that is 50 Shades of Gray." She explains. "You've been waiting to tell someone that forever haven't you?" She nods. "I've been waiting for the perfect moment since Freshman year of high school." I nod. "Do you feel better?" She nods. "Much." I smile. "Do you have a place to stay now?" She ask quietly. "Yeah! I've been staying at the Five Seasons." I say quietly. "I'm not trying to be a dick on anything but how are you affording all of this still?" She ask quietly. "I know your dad left you money but you know." I smile. "I sell my pictures for more money then I should be." She smiles. "Oh! I also packed my computer." She nods. "Why aren't you with your mom?" She ask quietly. "She went off and married some random guy in Colombia." I say sadly. "Did I cause you to have that depressive episode?" She ask out of nowhere. I shake my head. "Didn't help. But I don't blame you, my dad had just died and I was away at college I was losing my mind if you broke up with me or not." I tell her honestly. "But I could have been there-." I stop her. "No! I would have gotten drunk and cheated on you." I say quietly. She looks at me. "You got drunk and had sex with the first person who you could get your hands on?" I nod. "It was consensual though! I mean, we were both drunk but we woke up the next morning and didn't want to charge each other and pretend it never happened!" I add. She nods. I look down. "I don't want to talk about college." I whisper. She shakes her head. "We don't have to!" She says quietly. "You seeing anyone?" I ask her. "No! I was a little busy." I nod. "Same." I smile. "Do you want-." She stops me. "Not yet." I nod. "Ok." I smile. "But probably soon." I nod. "Like tomorrow at 6 soon?" I ask quietly. She smiles. "6:30, I have an appointment that ends at 6 and I would like to get home and change." I nod. "I can do that." I say quietly. "I'm surprised Veronica hasn't found us yet." She says quietly. I smile. "She's right behind me isn't she?" I nod. "Of course. We said her name!" I say smiling. Cheryl turns around. "Hey V!" I smile.