381: The One Where Toni Tries to Cope

TONI POV:

I hear a knock on the door so I get up and get it. I open the door to Sweet Pea. "I heard about you and Cheryl, so I came with some of your favorite ice cream and some movies to cry over. Or just ice cream and a good cry." He says quietly. I let him in. I go to the kitchen and grab 2 spoons and walk back into the living room where Sweet Pea is sitting waiting. "You don't seem ok." He says as I sit down. "I loved her so much." I tell him. "Why did you break up then?" I shrug. "I don't know, I don't think she's ok." I tell him honestly. "What makes you think that?" He ask quietly. "I'm not just saying this because she broke up with me but she has a history with depression and I don't think she was thinking straight and might have seen herself going back into that place and didn't want me to see it." I explain. "I'm seeing Veronica tomorrow night she might know if she's ok." He tells me. I lie into him and cry. He rubs my back. "Have you slept?" He ask quietly. I shake my head. "Not really." I tell him. "Why?" I shrug. "I can't." I tell him. "That's because...?" I look at him. "I don't know." I whisper. He nods. "When was the last time you showered?" He ask quietly. "I don't know." I tell him. He opens the ice cream and we start eating it. "What are you watching?" He ask quietly. "Friends." I say quietly. He looks at the tv. "Oh!" He smiles. "Ross and Rachel are about to get together!" He says sitting up. I groan. "Then they break up and Ross is a horrible person!" I say sadly. "Ross isn't that bad." He says quietly. "He was controlling when Rachel got that job! Then the whole wedding thing! He hated Susan which is kinda homophobic. He lied about getting the annulment with Rachel because 3 divorces! Also Ross's kid looks a lot like Jughead!" I explain. "He also didn't give Rachel that message when she went out to the bar!" I add. He looks at me. "This happens all the time! The main good guy is really toxic the more you look into him." I tell him. "Ben does look a lot like Jughead." He says quietly.