374: The One With At The Nursing Home

TONI POV:

I look at Cheryl. "I can't do this." She whispers. "Cher... we can't keep taking care of her by ourselves! At least here she'll be able to have 24 hour care!" I tell her. "What if we got a nurse?" She ask quietly. "For the house!" She adds. "Cheryl." She looks at me. "We can't have her at home! She needs 24 hour care. If we get a nurse they'll only be at our house during the day!" I tell her. "And we can take care of her when the nurse is gone." She says quietly. "Cheryl, this'll be easier for all of us." I whisper. She wipes her tears. "I don't want to do this to her." She whispers. "Cheryl! She can't even remember who you are! She's not gonna realize what's happening! Maybe she'll think she's back in her childhood home or something! I know this is hard for you but we can't be there for her all day everyday!" I whisper. "And she'll be around a bunch of old people so she might actually have something in common with some of the people here!" I tell her. She nods. "Nana Rose will be happier here." I tell her. "I'm coming here everyday I can." She says quietly. "Ok." I nod.

I help Cheryl pack the rest of Nana Rose's stuff. "You ok?" She looks at me and shakes her head. "I really thought I could make this work." I nod. She nods. I take a deep breath. She looks at me. "I really didn't want to be the one who had to do this." I nod. "I know, this should be your mom's responsibility." I joke. "I think she'll be ok where we picked." I whisper. She nods. "I know." She whispers. "You can visit her everyday!" I say quietly. "She's not that far from us. So it's not that bad." She nods. "It's still hard." She whispers. "I know."