313: The One Where She Chokes

TONI POV:

I look into Cheryl's eyes and admire them. "What's up?" She ask quietly. "I love you." I whisper. "Cool." She says awkwardly. I sit back. "I'm sorry." She whispers. "I'm gonna go." I whisper slightly pissed off. I get up and grab my bag. "Toni!" Cheryl gets up. I stop at the door. "I don't want to hear it." I open the door and leave. "Toni!" I ignore her and go home. I walk into my house. "Mom! I'm home!" I say quietly. "How was your date?" She ask as I close the door. "I told her I loved her." I say looking at her. "Yeah?" I nod. "And?" She ask quietly. "She said 'Cool'." I say holding back tears. "Come here." She whispers. I go over to the couch and sit down. She wraps her arms around me as I lie into her and cry. "Do you want to watch a movie?" She ask quietly. "No." She nods. "Ice cream, I have your favorite?" I shake my head. "I don't feel like dealing with the aftermath." She smiles. "It's ok." She whispers. "Can I sleep with you in your bed tonight?" I ask her. "Of course sweetheart." She smiles. "I don't want to go to school tomorrow. I don't think I can look at her again." She nods. "I get it. But you got to go back the next day, unless you die or get sick and not that fake sick you do."

I walk into the student lounge and see Cheryl. She sees me and stands up. I turn around and walk out. "Toni!" She grabs my arm and drags me to the blue and gold. "I don't want to talk." I whisper. "I've never been in love with someone." She says quietly. "I'm sorry." She whispers. "You're horrible." I whisper. "You broke my heart." She nods. "I know." I take a deep breath. "I don't know if we can keep being together." I say quietly. "Toni, I love you. I do-." I shake my head. "No, Cheryl. You're just saying that to make me feel better." She kisses me. "I love you." She whispers. "I love you." She says again. "Please forgive me. I panicked. I've never been in love before." She tells me. "I need time." She looks at me. "I'm sorry Cher." I whisper. "I'm sorry." I tell her.

2 months later

I walk up to Cheryl's locker. "I think I'm ready to talk." I say quietly. "Like adults this time?" She nods. "Yeah." She whispers. "Do you want to talk now or later at dinner?" She ask quietly. "Can you come over, actually? I kinda want to talk in private and in the comfort of my own home." She nods. "I meant what I said that day." She whispers. "I know." I whisper. "Come over around 6?" She nods. "I'll see you tonight. I'll text you if something comes up." I tell her. "But it probably won't." She nods. "Of course."

I look at Cheryl. "I was heart broken." I whisper. "Like, I came home and cried for 2 days." I tell her. She nods. "I panicked." She whispers. "Can we try again?" I ask her. "Yeah." She nods. "I love you." I whisper. "I love you you too and I'm not just saying that." She says quietly. I nod. "Can we have sex now? I really missed it." She ask quietly. "Unless you don't." I smile. "Oh! I've been waiting two months for this." I pick her up and we go into my bedroom. I lie her on the bed. "You haven't moved on have you?" I ask quietly. "No." She says quietly. "I didn't." I nod. "You?" She ask quietly. I sit down. "I didn't but I had some... nights. Trying to get you out of my head." I confess. She sits up. "I'm sorry." I whisper. "We weren't together." She says quietly. "So we're got going to do that thing from Friends where Ross sleeps with that girl and Rachel gets mad?" I ask her. She laugh quietly. "No! I don't really care what you did while we weren't together." I nod. "Why didn't you?" I ask quietly. "You know me." I nod. "Why didn't you know that having sex with you was supposed to be my way of telling you that I loved and trusted you?" She ask quietly. I look down. "I wanted to hear it." I whisper. "Also, I don't want you to think sex was the only way of telling me you love me." I tell her. She nods. "I know." She says quietly. "I trust you. That's bigger than love." She tells me. I nod. "Cool." She looks at me. "I had too." She nods. "Come here." She whispers pulling me into a kiss.

I roll over and look at Cheryl. She smiles. "Do you want to stay the night?" I ask her quietly. "Yeah." She nods lying into me. We hear a car door close. "My mom is home." I whisper. I grab 2 shirts. "Put this one." She smiles. "She knows." I nod. "But we don't have to talk about if she doesn't come in with out shirts off." She smiles. We both throw our shirts on, there's a knock on the door. "Come in." I say throwing a blanket over us. Mom comes in. "Oh. You guys back together?" She ask quietly. "Yes." She says quietly. I nod. "That's nice." Mom smiles. "I'm happy for you guys."