311: The One Where Toni Stays Home

TONI POV:

I walk into the bedroom and see an empty bed. I've already accepted that she's gone. I put my bag on the bed and go into the bathroom. I turn on the shower and slow take off my clothes trying make as painless as possible. I step into the shower and slowly clean myself. I jump when I feel 2 arms wrap around me and feel kisses on my shoulder. I sink into her touch and turn around. I cup her cheeks as I stare into her brown eyes. "Cheryl..." I whisper. "Hey." She smiles. I pull her into a kiss. I've been waiting to do that for 6 months now. "I've missed you so much." I whisper moving hair out of her face. "I've missed you too." She says before kissing me. She looks at me. "I'm sorry I was gone so long." I whisper. "Not your fault." She says quietly.

I look at Cheryl as we sit on the hammock watching the sun set in the backyard. "Besides being covered in bruises and cuts. How was your trip?" She ask quietly. "Wasn't much of a trip." She nods. "I know but might make it sound better." I nod. "We finally cornered Penny down in Hawaii. Once we found her we captured her and..." I shake my head. "Killer her?" She ask quietly. "We had to, she was to dangerous." She nods. "I know." She whispers. "She definitely put up a fight. Obviously." She nods. "I'm just happy to be home." I say cupping her cheeks. "I didn't know when I would see you again. I think that was the scariest part." I whisper. "You're home now, that's all that matters." I nod. "I'm home, with the love of my life and I couldn't be happier." I say quietly. "Hawaii was nice, we should go one day." I say quietly. "Have the honeymoon we never got." I suggest. She looks at me. "I thought that trip to Road Island was our honeymoon." I shake my head. "No! I want a fancy honeymoon and we can afford it so we're doing it." She smiles and kisses me. "I'm not opposed to that." She whispers. I smile. "When do you want to go?" She ask quietly. "Next Saturday?" She smiles. "You already have this trip planned don't you?" I nod. She lies into me. "Can't wait." I wrap my arm around her. "Promise me you won't leave like that again." She whispers. "I was worried about you." I nod. "I won't, I promise." I whisper. "Besides this afternoon, when was the last time you showered?" She ask quietly. "Why? Do I still smell?" I ask quietly. "A little bit, but that's more from earlier." She says quietly. I take a deep breath. "I honestly don't remember the last shower I took." I whisper.

I walk into the Wyrm. "Do you know where Jughead is?" I ask Fangs. "Back office." He says quietly. I nod and go in back. I knock on the door. "Come in!" I open the door. "Toni! You're back! I have your next mission." I shake my head. "This isn't the Avengers!" I tell him. "I'm not doing missions anymore. I was gone for 6 months with no contact with my wife! I can't put her through that again, I can't go through that again! If Keller comes to you needed serpents, get Fangs and Sweet Pea to do this stuff." He nods. "Ok, but if they need you you're going." I nod. I walk out of the office and go home. I walk into the house. "You talk to Jughead?" Cheryl ask as I walk into the kitchen. I nod. "Yeah! He's not sending me on any unless Fangs and Sweet Pea can't get out of whatever they got themselves into which is fine because they don't get into that deep of shit that often." I explain. "So that means we can actually have a life together." I tell her. "What do you mean by that?" I shrug. "I've been so busy we haven't been able to sit down and talk about our future." She looks at me. "I want to have a life with you first before we think about children." She tells me. I nod. "I don't hate that." I say quietly. "What do you want to do before that?" I ask her. "Well, I want to travel the world. I want to have sex and not worry about a kid coming in and seeing us!" We both laugh. "I think that's an amazing idea." I whisper. "What do you want to do?" She ask quietly. "Spend as much time as I can with you." I smile. "Do you want to go on a road trip?" She ask quietly. "Where?" She shrugs.

I walk out onto the porch and look out at the beach. I wrap my arms around Cheryl. "I've missed this." She whispers. "You know, with the sex we had last night, we would made a baby." She hits my side. "There's a reason I'm not married to a man." She whispers. I pull her into a kiss. "I love you." I whisper. She smiles. "I love you babe." She says rubbing my cheek. There's a knock on the door. "Room Service!" I smile. "That must be our breakfast." I say smiling.