373: The One On Cheryl's Birthday

CHERYL POV:

I look out at the sunset. I desperately hold back tears. I hear some footsteps. I don't really pay attention to them until I feel arms wrap around me. I realize it's Toni. She cups my cheek and kisses the side of my head. I immediately start crying. "Cher..." I lie into her. She rubs my cheek and back. "Who else is here?" I ask her. "Sweet Pea and Betty." She says quietly. I look at them. "They are such an odd combination of people to be here." I whisper. "Sweet Pea and I were looking for you and we kinda picked Betty up along the way." I nod. "You know, her being a wannabe Nancy Drew." She says quietly. "I heard that!" Betty says annoyed. "Wanna head home?" Toni ask quietly. "Can we go to Pops? I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon." She nods. "Of course." I whisper.

TONI POV:

I sit down next to Cheryl as I put a plate of fries between us on the table. She looks at me. "Feeling any better?" She shakes her head. I nod. "Well, eating myself sick makes me feel a little better, until I puke." I say quietly. She looks at me. "I'm good." I nod. "Ok." I look at her. "Thank you for not making a huge deal about my birthday." She whispers. I nod. "Of course." I whisper. "This is one of those days I don't need to think about." I nod. "It's ok." I whisper. She lies into me. "I did get you one thing." I say quietly. I pull out a small box. "Here." I whisper. She opens it. She pulls out a small necklaces. "It's a picture of you and Jason when you were younger, your grandmother gave it to me." She smiles. "Thank you. I really appreciate it." I smile. "I thought you'd like it." I whisper.