263: The One With $10,000

TONI POV:

I hear a phone ring. "Oh my god! What does your mom want now?" I ask pulling away from Veronica. She grabs the phone. "It's yours." She says handing it to me "Riverdale's Sheriffs Department?" I read out loud. "It's probably my uncle." I say as I get off Veronica and grab a shirt. I pick up the phone and put it up to my ear. "Hello?" I ask confused. "Toni?" I hear Cheryl's voice for the first time in years. I take a deep breath as my heart drops. "Yeah." I say walking out of my room. I hear her sigh in relief. "You were the only number I could remember." She says quietly. "W-what do you want?" I ask quietly. "I got arrested and I needed someone to call." I nod. I sigh. Veronica looks at me. I just shrug. "What did you do to get arrested?" I ask quietly. "Remember when I set Thornhill on fire?"

Cheryl walks out of the Sheriffs Department. "You owe me $10,000 by the way." I say pissed. "I just need you to call my husband not post bail for me." She says. "Why my number of all numbers?" I ask. "I didn't even think it would work." She says quietly. "Why my number?" I ask her again. "You're married with kids! You should have your husband's number memorized. Not your ex girlfriend!" I say pissed. "How do you know about my kids?" She ask quietly. "Instagram." I say nervously. "Do you want to get coffee?" She ask quietly. "We never got closer, I think we should talk." I shake my head. "No, show up to your court date." I whisper. "Then I don't owe you money?" She ask. "No, you still do because I had to drive down from Maine for you." I say starting to walk to my truck. "I didn't ask you to do that!" She yells. I stop. "You still love me." She says quietly. "You still have my number memorized! I'm not the one who's still in love!" I yell back. "Why did you leave then?" She ask quietly. I turn around. "To start new? To get away from us?" She ask. I take a deep breath. "So you didn't have to face me and remember how much you loved me?" I look down. "I don't love you anymore." I whisper. "I left because this town has done nothing but fuck me over repeatedly!" I tell her. "And yes I did leave to start new!" I say quietly. "But it wasn't because of you! You selfish piece of shit!" I yell. "Have fun setting shit on fire!" I say pissed.

"You finally got caught?" I ask Cheryl. She looks at me. "Yeah! That's why Reggie can't know." She whispers. "Reggie?!" I ask shocked. "I thought I would be the one with the most shocking relationship." I say sitting back. "Who are you with?" She ask quietly. "Veronica." I say quietly. "That's not shocking, if you said Fangs I would be surprised." I smile a little. "That would also be illegal because he's my brother." She looks at me. "Oh..." I nod. "What did you do after High School after we broke up?" She ask changing the subject. "I met my dad." I say knowing she definitely wanted my conclusion to that from a few years ago. She looks at me. "That's good!" I shake my head. "No?" I shake my head again. "No, he wanted nothing to do with me." I whisper. "I'm sorry." I shake my head. "Don't be." I whisper grabbing some fries. "Anything else?" She ask quietly. "Not really." I lie. "Toni, I know when you're lying." She says quietly. "I um... I don't really want to talk about it." I say quietly. "It's a lot." I whisper. She nods. I take a deep breath.

Cheryl hands me the check. "Thank you." I say quietly. "How did you get away with it?" I ask her. "Good lawyer." She says quietly. "Also there was multiple people including your girlfriend that I was clearly not in the right state of mind." I nod. Veronica walks over to us. "Let's head to the hotel." She says pulling me a little. "Yeah!" I nod. We go to the car and go to the hotel. "You ok?" She ask quietly. "No." I whisper. "Was breaking Cheryl out of jail bringing back memories?" She ask. "A little." I say honestly. "She's married, with kids, and she called me." I say quietly. "I don't know what that says about what our relationship was, but it says something. Right?" I ask her. "Did you go off your meds?" She ask. "Why any time I do something you don't like, You think I'm off my meds?" I ask pissed. She looks at me. "I'm sorry that I'm concerned for you!" I look at her. "You know what, I'm gonna stay in Riverdale for a bit longer, you can go home, I'll be back in a few weeks to pick up my stuff because I'm done with your shit!" I say quietly. She looks at me. "You're off your meds!" She says quietly. "No! You literally watched me take them this morning!" I say pissed. "Whatever!" She says before packing her things and leaving. I take a deep breath.

"So this is where you're staying?" Cheryl ask quietly. "Yeah." I says quietly. "For now, until I can get an apartment. Well, until I can actually move in." I tell her. She looks at me. "You ok?" She ask. "Yeah!" I say quietly. I look at her. She pulls me into a kiss. "We shouldn't." She whispers. "No, but we can. No one's stopping us." I whisper. "I like your thinking."