364: The One Where They Only Have A Few Hours

CHERYL POV:

"Why are you in such a rush?" Veronica ask quietly. I look at her. "I-I have a date." I tell her. She looks at me pissed. "You got mad at me when I tried to do that! Who would make you change your mind?" She ask me annoyed. "Toni." I confess. I see her mood change. "I'm sorry. I haven't seen her in 7 years she's only here for 6 more hours. I have to see her." I explain. She nods. "Go! Get your girl!" She tells me.

I look at Toni as we lie in bed together. "Have you been with anyone else?" She ask quietly. I nod. She looks at me. "I'm sorry. I didn't know when I was gonna see you again." I tell her. "We broke up, I wasn't expecting you to wait." She whispers. I look at her. "I still love you though." I tell her. She looks at me. "I still love you. You were all I thought about." She whispers. "When do you go back?" I ask her. "3 hours." She says quietly. I look at her. "I don't have to go back." She tells me. "Toni, you have your dream job, you need to go out and do it." I tell her. "I want to be with you. For the rest of my life." I shake my head. "Go! Live your dream." I whisper. "You sure?" I nod. "Ok. I don't know when I'll see you again." She whispers. "I'll be here." I tell her. I look at her. "I can't promise I'll be waiting for you but-." She stops me. "We aren't in a relationship. Don't wait." She tells me. I take a deep breath. "How are you getting to the airport?" I ask her. "My mom is driving me home." She whispers. "That being said, I need a ride to Pop's that's where she's picking me up."

Toni puts her bag in the car. She walks over to me. I pull her into a kiss. "I'm gonna miss you." I tell her. She smiles. "I'll miss you too." She says rubbing my chair. I look at her. The car honks. "I have to go." She whispers. I kiss her again. "I love you." I tell her. She looks at me and goes into the car. I take a deep breath and hold back tears as they drive away. I take a deep breath as she leaves. I turn to go into Pop's and see Veronica. "I'm- I'm sorry." I say quietly. "No! Don't be! You've waited so long to see her! I don't blame you." She says quietly. I look at her. "I'm sorry." She whispers coming over to me. "I really love her." She nods. "I know." She whispers. "I'm sorry I know we had plans, I needed to see her, I haven't in so long and I'm sorry but she was a little more important." She looks past me. "What?" I ask quietly. She motions for me to look. I turn around and see Toni. "You're supposed to be going." I say quietly. "I can get another job. I'm tired of waiting for us to see each other once every couple of years." She explains. I look at her.

I look at Toni. "You really quit your job for me?" I ask her. "Kinda, I wanted to for a while. I didn't really like it. I thought I did." She whispers. I sit up on my elbow. "What if this doesn't work and we're only meant to see each other every couple of years?" I ask her. "We dated in high school and we were fine." She says quietly. "True." I whisper. She looks at me. "I love you." She whispers. "I love you too." She smiles as I pull her into a kiss. "How are we gonna do this though?" She ask sitting up. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. "We've been apart for so long. We can't start over we're past that! We can't really start from where we left off. What are we going to do?" She ask quietly. "We can do a little of both. Catch up like we're getting to know each other but have a lot of sex like we've been together for years now." I suggest. She smiles. "I like that." She says quietly.