300: The One With The Aftermath

TONI POV:

I look at Cheryl, I'm about to tell her something when she notices. "You ok?" She ask quietly. "Yeah! I'm just tired and I think I'm gonna head to bed." I tell her. She nods. "Ok!" I nod awkwardly. "What?" She ask concerned. "I don't know, this weird I thought couples went to bed together." She smiles a little. "That's only on Tv babe. But I'll be in there in a few anyways, I just need to finish this one thing." She tells me. I nod. "Ok." I whisper. "You can stay here if you want. I know you just said you were going to bed but if you really want, I will let you fall asleep into me on this very couch." She says smiling. "No, I need to be horizontal." She nods. "Well, I'll be in there in a minute." I nod and go into the bedroom. "That was a weird conversation!" I say turning around. "Yeah! That's ok!" I nod and go get changed. A few minutes later Cheryl comes in and lies next to me. "You've been acting weird recently." She says quietly. I nod. "I don't mean to. I'm just still trying to wrap my head around the last month." She nods. "It's ok, I get it, I just want to know if you're ok." She whispers. "I've been better." She nods. "Do you want to talk about it?" She ask quietly. "Ah! Not, not really. Not yet." She nods. I look at her. "Ok."

CHERYL POV:

I look at Toni as she sleeps. "M-mom." She whispers in her sleep. I look at her as she slowly wakes up. She looks at me. "I'm sorry." She whispers. "Don't be." I tell her. "It should have been me." She says quietly. "No, it shouldn't have, it shouldn't have been anyone." I tell her. She looks at me. I move some hair out of her face. "Your forehead is starting to heal. Like the bandage isn't gross anymore." I tell her. "No, I replaced it before going to bed. I think it's infected." I sigh. "Why didn't you tell me?" I ask quietly. "Because I was tired and forgot." I nod. "Ok." I whisper. "Do you want to talk about the accident?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "Not really."

I look at Toni and see her dozing off. "Go to bed if you're tired." I whisper. She slowly opens her eyes. "No, I'm awake!" She says sitting up. "Toni you were snoring, go to bed." She looks at me. "I don't want to be alone." She whispers. "Not after last night." I nod. Last night Toni barely slept, she kept having the same nightmare. "Then lie here and when I'm done I'll wake you up or fall asleep on the couch with you." She nods. "I like that." She whispers lying into me. I wrap my arm around her. "You know this is the complete opposite of last night." She smiles a little. "Yeah." She whispers. She looks at me. "I'm sorry I've been like this for a while." She say quietly. I move her hair out of her face. "You've been through a lot lately, you need time. I get it." I whisper.

TONI POV:

I walk up to the grave. I grab the dead flowers and put new ones in front of it. I take a deep breath. "Toni?" I turn around and see Betty. "Hi." I say awkwardly. "How are you?" She ask quietly. "Cheryl told me what happened." She says quietly. "You ok?" She ask concerned. I look that my mother's grave and take a deep breath. "You can tell me." I look down. "I don't really want to talk about it." She nods. "You know, you'll have to talk about it one day." I nod. "I still need time." I whisper holding back tears. "Well, I know a counselor that deals with people who are grieving a loved one." She hands me a card. "Whenever you're ready to talk call her." She says quietly. "Why are you here?" I ask quietly. "Oh! Archie is out of town and asked me to change the flowers by Mr. Andrew's grave for him." I nod. "You could also talk to him, he's not an expert on what you're going through but he went through a very similar thing Toni." She explains. "Again, when you're ready." She adds. "When is he gonna be back?" I ask quietly. "He's not sure exactly but it's sometime this weekend, I'll tell him to call you when he's back." She says before leaving. I take a deep breath.

"You told Betty?" I ask quietly, Cheryl looks at me. "You were in a coma for 3 months Toni, people were wondering where you were." She tells me. "Also, the only people that know what happened are Betty, Veronica, Fangs and Sweet Pea. And your family of course." I nod. "They all came to visit and help out with the funeral for your mom, since you couldn't." She explains. "How did you know what to do?" I ask quietly. "Toni, we've been married for a while now, we don't have any kids, I am considered your next of kin and because you were unconscious, they let me have your mother's will and on it, it gave directions on what to do when she dies so I followed that! I also knew you'd want to do something private for her, so I had a small funeral for family and then what we did last week." She explains. "Thank you." I whisper. She nods. "I wasn't gonna let her be buried without you there." She tells me.