306: The One At A Campfire

TONI POV:

I walk out to the campfire. "You ok?" I ask sitting next to Veronica. "If you and Cheryl get married and me and Betty get married what are we?" She ask looking at me. "I don't know. I can barely figure out how they're related." We both laugh. "Also I'm definitely marrying her." I say quietly. She looks at me. "I haven't yet, if that's what you're wondering. I have a ring though." I tell her. "When are you gonna do it?" She ask quietly. "I don't know." I whisper. "She's gonna say yes." I nod. "I know! I just haven't prepared anything and I honestly don't know if I want to do that. I might just wait for the right moment." I explain. She nods. "Do you have any cigarettes?" She ask quietly. I look at her. "You smoke?" I ask confused. She nods. "Yeah. I started a while ago. I can't really quit." She says quietly. I pull out a pack from my jacket. "Does Betty know?" I ask handing her one. "No!" She says quietly. "Does Cheryl know?" She ask me. "Yeah. She's not happy about it but as long as I don't smoke in the house or around her she doesn't really care." I explain.

I walk into the tent. "Hey, you ok?" I ask sitting next to Cheryl. She looks at me. I realize she's crying. "What's wrong?" I ask concerned. "Tomorrow's the 4th." She whispers. "I know." I whisper moving some hair out of her face. "I know he didn't actually die on the fourth but it was the last time I saw him alive." She tells me. "It's ok." I reassure her. She lies into me and cries quietly. I take a deep breath. "How about we lie down?" I suggest. "Yeah?" She nods and we go lie down.

"Cheryl still sleeping?" Betty ask quietly. I look up and nod. "Yeah, we were up late." I whisper. She looks at me. "Not like that you would have heard us." I tell her. "How are you wide awake?" She ask quietly. "ADHD meds." She nods. "One of the side effects is that, I can't really sleep but I never had a normal sleep schedule so this isn't to far off." I explain. She nods. "I went and got some bagels and forgot to tell anyone yesterday!" She smiles.  "Thanks." I nod. "I didn't feel like staving and I don't like eggs!" She looks at me confused. "How do you not like eggs?" She ask quietly. I take a deep breath. "In middle school I had cooking class and every other day for 2 months straight all we made were eggs. I threatened to go vegan in his class." She laughs a little. "Did you?" She ask quietly. "No! I just ended up changing my class. I ended up in computer science!" I tell her. "The photography class was full. So I couldn't take it, probably best, I would have gotten annoyed at how slow we were going in that class anyways. I also became the one thing I swore to destroy." Betty looks at me confused. "A nerd!" We both say. "That explains why you are a computer science major." I nod. "Yeah!" I smile.

CHERYL POV:

I slowly walk out of the tent and see Betty and Toni talking. Which is rare, they don't hate each other! They just have nothing in common. I walk over and sit next to Toni. "Hey." She says smiling. The nice thing I love about Toni is that she doesn't walk on eggshells around me, even when she knows I'm upset she doesn't pity me. She knows what happened today and she knows I don't want to talk about it. She'll ask me occasionally if I want to talk or if I'm ok but she's not up my ass about it and she always makes sure it's in private so no one has to hear our personal conversations. She raps her arm around me. "I'm gonna go wake Veronica up!" Betty says quietly. She goes into her tent. "You ok?" Toni ask quietly. I look at her. "I don't really want to talk about it." I whisper. "Jason?" I nod. She nods. "When you're ready, I'm here." She tells me.

I straddle Toni. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She ask quietly. "Yes! Why do you always ask me?" I ask annoyed. "I just want to make sure you are consenting to this." She tells me. "I love you." I whisper cupping her cheeks. "You know the rule Toni." She nods. "I still want to make sure." She says quietly. "Yes! I want to have sex with you right now." She nods. "You?" I ask quietly. She nods. "I want to have sex with you right now." She says quietly. I pull her into a kiss. I grind harder into her. I feel her get hard. "Can I?" She nods. I quickly unbuckle her pants and move my underwear out of the way. "Wait!" She says quietly. "I'm on birth control Toni, we don't need a condom." I remind her. She looks at me concerned. "I need it to be able to sleep at night." She whispers. I nod. "Especially when we're away like this." She adds. She pulls one out of her bag and puts it on. "Ok." She smiles. I slide onto her and moan quietly. "Oh god!" I breath out. She takes my hips and moves me slowly. I moan in her ear. "I need more." I whisper. She flips us over and thrust into me faster. "You ok?" She ask quietly. I nod and moan quietly. She nods. I pull her into a kiss. "I'm gonna-." She cums. "Ah!" She moans. She lies next to me and catches her breath. "Give me like 2 seconds." She whispers. I watch her take off the condom and grab another one. "Round 2?" She ask smiling. I grab her and kiss her. "Lie down baby." I whisper. She looks at me for a second. "Oh! We're doing that! Ok!" She lies down.

TONI POV:

I roll over and look at Cheryl who's peacefully sleeping. I smile a little and kiss her shoulder. "I love you babe." I whisper. She moves her hand to my cheek. "I love you too Toni." She whispers. I rap my arms around her and we fall asleep.

I wake up covered in sweat. I sit up and grab a pair of boxers and my shirt. I walk out of the tent and see the fire is still going and Veronica sitting in front of it. "Can't sleep?" I ask quietly. "No, Betty kicks a lot in her sleep." I nod. "You?" She ask quietly. "Night terror." I whisper as I sit down on one of the chairs. "Damn." I nod. "Do you mind if I ask about what?" She ask quietly. "My aunt died in a car accident a few years ago and I still haven't emotionally recovered from it." I confess. "Especially since I was the one driving the car! It wasn't my fault, we slid on some ice and crashed into a tree." I explain. "Is that why you don't drive?" She ask quietly. I nod. She nods. "I'm sorry." She whispers. I shake my head. "Does Cheryl know?" She ask. I nod. "Yeah. Cheryl knows. Why is that always your first question?" I ask quietly. "Because I know she doesn't know about us back in sophomore year." I take a deep breath. "I haven't told her every person I've ever been with and it was a summer fling! We were fucking each other just to have sex!" I tell her. "You know, until..." I nod. "I know. Do you ever regret it?" I ask quietly. She shrugs. "Neither of us could afford a kid Toni!" She whispers. I nod. "Do you?" She ask quietly. "A little, but I know it wasn't my decision to make." I tell her. She nods. "I let you have a say." She whispers. I nod. "I know, and I agree that it was for the best but..." I let out a deep breath. "I really wonder sometimes." I say quietly. She nods. "I do to but we wouldn't have found the loves of our lives if we had that kid." I nod. "I'm gonna go back to bed." I whisper getting up and walking into the tent. I lie next to Cheryl. She rolls over and opens her eyes barely. "Hey! Go back to sleep." I whisper. She nods and falls back asleep.

I move some hair out of Cheryl's face. "What's up?" She ask quietly. "Can I ask you something?" She looks at me. "Yeah." She smiles. I pull out a ring. "Will you marry me?" I ask quietly.