346: The One Where Her Brother Dies

TONI POV:

"You where in the house when your brother Sammy died." Sharif Keller says quietly. I nod. "I didn't do it." I whisper. "I was with Cheryl. She probably doesn't want me saying anything because she's not really out. But we were in my room." I say quietly. He nods. "Toni, I'm not accusing you of anything! I just needed to know if you have any idea who could have given him those drugs." He says quietly. "I don't know, he has lots of friends that come in and out I've lost track. He also goes out and doesn't tell me where." I explain. He nods. "You sure I don't need a lawyer?" I ask quietly. "No! You're good! You're not under arrest or anything. We just need information." I nod. "Usually police say that before they send you to jail for the rest of your life." I say quietly. "Can you name some of his friends so we can talk to them and see if they know?" He asks ignoring my comment. I nod.

"No! Sam! Please stay with me." I beg him. He cups my cheek. "I'm sorry." He whispers. I look at Cheryl. "Help!" I yell at her. "Please let me go." Sam tells me. "I love you." I whisper.

I jump awake. "No!" I whisper. "Toni." I look at Cheryl as she rubs my back. "You ok?" She ask quietly. "He's gone." She nods. "Do you want to talk?" She ask quietly. "There's nothing to talk about." I say getting up and grabbing a shirt. I start to walk out. "Toni!" I stop and look at her. "I need to not be here." She nods.

I look at Sam's serpent jacket. "He struggled.
For so long." I whisper looking at Cheryl. She looks at me. "He was- he was going to go to rehab." I whisper. "I feel like I failed him." I say quietly. "You didn't!" She tells me. "He was sick. There wasn't much you could do." I nod. She wipes my tears. "You've been distant." She says quietly. "I'm kinda mad at you." I tell her honestly. "But I know it's not all your fault." She looks at me. "What did I do?" She ask quietly. "When you called 911. I-." She stops me. "I didn't know what was happening at first and I panicked. I'm sorry." She whispers. "I don't blame you! I j- I don't know." I say quietly. "I wish we could have done something sooner." She nods. "I'm sorry." She whispers. I look at her. "Don't be." I say quietly.